1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
  2. iMac
  3. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey Guys,

I´m trying to install Sierra on my Alienware Alpha 2nd Gen. It has the Intel i5-6400T processor and a GTX 960 (desktop grade) graphics card.

With bootflags "nv-disable=1 cpus=1 PCIRootUID=1 npci=0x3000 GraphicsEnabler=No" it gets stuck at:

AppleUSBXHCI: raiseOnePowerStateTo: host controller was not halted, USBStatus 0x00000000
Waiting on <dict ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</key><string ID="1">IOResources</string><key>IOResourceMatch</key><string ID="2">boot-uuid-media</string></dict>​

I tried to disable every USB Controller and unplug the M.2 SSD as well as the SATA SSD. Nothing happened, still the same issue. Trying with bootflag "GraphicsEnabler=Yes IGPEnabler=Yes" it gets stuck much earlier without showing any useful feedback.

I have no idea what to try next so I hope you guys can help me!

With bootflags "nv-disable=1 cpus=1 PCIRootUID=1 npci=0x3000 GraphicsEnabler=No"

nv-disable=1 should be nv_disable=1
GraphicsEnabler=Yes/No is for the Chimera boot loader and is not valid in Clover.

nv-disable=1 should be nv_disable=1
GraphicsEnabler=Yes/No is for the Chimera boot loader and is not valid in Clover.
Thanks for your quick reply! So with "nv_disable=1" and without GraphicsEnabler I get the same issue.. :/

Thanks for your quick reply! So with "nv_disable=1" and without GraphicsEnabler I get the same issue.. :/
How are you connected to your monitor ?

What makes you think that you need "nv_disable=1 cpus=1 PCIRootUID=1 npci=0x3000" ?

How are you connected to your monitor ?

What makes you think that you need "nv_disable=1 cpus=1 PCIRootUID=1 npci=0x3000" ?

I´m connecting via HDMI (no other ports on the MoBo)
Ok I tried every bootflag..
with "cpus=1 npci=0x3000" I get stuck at the point I´ve already mentioned.
Without them it hangs at:
Enabling legacy matching
Rooting via boot-uuid from /chosen: …​

So my ideas now:

- Maybe it has something to do with Skylake?
- Should I try using Legacy Clover instead of UEFI? (MoBo supports UEFI)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back