Contribute
Register

[solved] Alienware 15 R2 install EI capitan&install Mac Sierra Success

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems I have nearly everything working with the Alienware 15 R2, except getting the external monitor to be detected by the nvidia gtx 970m on the HDMI port. Nvidia drivers initialize, I can even see the CUDA driver running with Cuda-Z. The monitor immediately goes into power save. Is there something I'm missing to enable the HDMI port?

It seems I have nearly everything working with the Alienware 15 R2, except getting the external monitor to be detected by the nvidia gtx 970m on the HDMI port. Nvidia drivers initialize, I can even see the CUDA driver running with Cuda-Z. The monitor immediately goes into power save. Is there something I'm missing to enable the HDMI port?
Try the files at post #340 of this thread and report your results.

Do you have problem about audio? it seem problem about reboot: sometime it work and sometime don't work each boot.
I downloaded DPCI manager and I see Null Codec under the row of our codec (CA0132), is it normal?

Frank

Do you have problem about audio? it seem problem about reboot: sometime it work and sometime don't work each boot.
I downloaded DPCI manager and I see Null Codec under the row of our codec (CA0132), is it normal?

Frank
I happens to me sometimes as well but did not look into it so far (not a big deal for me).
For the Null Codec i think it is related to the Intel HDMI audio that shows up in AIDA under windows, but i don't think we can get it to work (except on the USB-C port, which i never tested so far, no idea).

@RehabMan I am having a weird issue with USB, so far i determined exactly what ports are used in the laptop (using USBinjectAll then trial&error).
At this stage i can boot without:
-Port limits in Clover
-No custom Kexts for USBs
-No custom ACPI tables other than the OEM one for USB (from which i simply deleted the unused ports - SSDT3.aml).
-All ports are working properly for both USB2 and USB3 Devices and at the correct transfer speeds.

I also Fixed instant wake with your Laptop patch USB3_PRW 0x6D Skylake

The remaining issues are:
-External USB HDD are showing as internal when connected
-Wakeup from USB during sleep no longer works (activated from Bios).

Attached my Ioreg (with a USB3 HDD connected - IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/XHC@14/XHC@14000000/SS03@14900000/Backup+ Desk@14900000) and my Clover folder.
Any clue on what's causing the above mentioned problems ?

P.S: I also tried with SSDT-USB.aml and the correct port paths but it doesn't seem to have any effect without SSDT3.aml. If i use only SSDT-USB.aml USB ports are no more working.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 97
Problem fixed with the latest USBInjectAll.kext + SSDT-USB.aml (now external HDD is showing as external). Only problem remaining now is waked from USB. Do i have to change current values in the DSDT for the USB ports ?

Read USB guide, post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Note that you should not have the AppleAPIC patch. It does not apply to the version of macOS that you're running (in fact, it applies only to certain versions of OS X, never macOS).

this will make the USB works with USB 2.0.
Thanks mate, i already downloaded the latest USBinjectAll.kext from Rehabman's repo. No modifications required (since i already created a custom SSDT). All good so far for USB2/USB3 except wake from sleep with wireless mouse.
USB-C work. i'm using it to DVI with external screen.
I did not try USB-C with an external drive, but i decided today to buy an adapter USB-C to HDMI. I can confirm that it is working properly with my display and i can confirm that the Intel 530 is controlling that port. I could easilly get the intel HDMI audio to work through that port unlike the NVIDIA HDMI audio which is a no-go so far.
Read a few pages ago, i provided travelassong with SSDTs specific to the nvidia 970m GTX and it is working for him.

I am using travelassong EFI,
I installed NVIDIA web driver but still it doesn't change from IG
and I used nvda_drv=1 boot flag too.

And the power button doesn't work without plugging in the charger.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    28.4 MB · Views: 96
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back