Contribute
Register

[solved] Alienware 15 R2 install EI capitan&install Mac Sierra Success

Status
Not open for further replies.
1.2.2, i'll update it to latest version and try again.
Like i said in my previous post only Bios 1.3.6 (and now 1.3.9) are working. The other ones won't let you boot because of this kernel Panic.

Like i said in my previous post only Bios 1.3.6 (and now 1.3.9) are working. The other ones won't let you boot because of this kernel Panic.
i installed successfully. i updated it to 10.12.1, fixed WIFI but GTX 970m still not work. it will auto wake after sleep.
QQ20161110-1.png QQ20161110-0.png

Last edited:
i installed successfully. i updated it to 10.12.1, fixed WIFI but GTX 970m still not work. it will auto wake after sleep.
View attachment 219866 View attachment 219867
I don't have the auto wakeup problem.

Try with a Macbook Pro 11,1 smbios and see if the Nvidia card is recognized.

If not you may have to use the SSDT7 and SSDT10 tables extracted from your system.

I don't have the auto wakeup problem.

Try with a Macbook Pro 11,1 smbios and see if the Nvidia card is recognized.

If not you may have to use the SSDT7 and SSDT10 tables extracted from your system.
em, replaced with my SSDT7 and SSDT10, but still can't find drivers...i uploaded my DSDT&SSDT files.

Attachments

• dsdt&ssdt.zip
    114 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
nothing, just want to fix errors. Nvidia web Driver couldn't identify GTX970. i posted my original DSDT files.
Try With these (Archive.zip), copy them over the ones in ACPITables(1).zip
Delete everything in Clover/ACPI/Patched and copy over the new ones.

Side question: You have your Laptop plugged through HDMI right ? Because the Nvidia Graphic won't load unless plugged over HDMI.

Attachments

• ACPI Tables(1).zip
    67.8 KB · Views: 117
  • Archive.zip
    20.5 KB · Views: 105
can you post your present efi folder,I have the same trouble .Mine is Alienware 15 r2 as well
I used your efi folder at #141 but when I boot up the Sierra it will just display a row of "+"
and reboot instantly

Try With these (Archive.zip), copy them over the ones in ACPITables(1).zip
Delete everything in Clover/ACPI/Patched and copy over the new ones.

Side question: You have your Laptop plugged through HDMI right ? Because the Nvidia Graphic won't load unless plugged over HDMI.
i found SSDT's extension is DSl in Archive.zip, maybe i should turn it to AML. em...i didn't plug in HDMI, i will restart with HDMI plugging.
sorry for my bad English.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back