CPU
i5-13500
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, On my Dell XPS 13 9333, I have previously been running High Sierra, just upgraded to Mojave, sound stopped working with patched HDA, now trying to get AppleALC working. I have removed all previous audio patches (I think), restored a fresh Mojave AppleHDA kext, have the latest AppleALC.kext and Lilu.kext, but still unsure what I am doing wrong, if someone could point me in the right direction please? Debug logs attached.

Regards.

Attachments

• debug_26600.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 214
Hi, On my Dell XPS 13 9333, I have previously been running High Sierra, just upgraded to Mojave, sound stopped working with patched HDA, now trying to get AppleALC working. I have removed all previous audio patches (I think), restored a fresh Mojave AppleHDA kext, have the latest AppleALC.kext and Lilu.kext, but still unsure what I am doing wrong, if someone could point me in the right direction please? Debug logs attached.

Regards.
you may want to look into Whatever Green kexts:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Regards.

You are injecting layout-id=1. It is not valid for AppleALC, ALC668.
Note:
Screen Shot 2018-09-29 at 7.09.05 AM.png

Yes, I wasn’t sure about that. Are you showing me what the correct layout IDs are below? If so, what is the correct layout ID?

That is the Info.plist from AppleALC sources (Resources/ALC668/Info.plist). It has the list of valid layout-id values. Please note that layout-id=1 is not one of them.

Yes, I wasn’t sure about that. Are you showing me what the correct layout IDs are below? If so, what is the correct layout ID?
Please refer here, try all possible layout mentioned

That is the Info.plist from AppleALC sources (Resources/ALC668/Info.plist). It has the list of valid layout-id values. Please note that layout-id=1 is not one of them.
Thanks, I will try those and report back, just checking that I am putting the layout ID in the correct place / format?

Thanks, I will try those and report back, just checking that I am putting the layout ID in the correct place / format?

There are many different ways to inject layout-id (Devices/Arbitrary, Devices/Properties, Devices/AddProperties, ACPI [patching or SSDT], Devices/Audio/Inject, AppleALC kernel flag 'alcid'). All of them, done properly, are equivalent.

Easiest is probably config.plist/Devices/Audio/Inject=<the-layout-id>

Sounds is now working, using layout ID 3. Thank you so much for the assistance.
Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back