Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
HD530 + GTX 1080
Hi All:

This has been a great site for Hackintosh support for me. So I post it here after searching online a long time without a clue, and hopefully some could lend some help~.

So I am using GA Z170 UD5 with i7 6700K and GT970 Graphics Card. The sound codec is ALC1150.
Everything was fine in 10.11.3

After I upgraded to 10.11.4, a strange problem persists.

The sound, while is recognized and working (Audio Layout ID 1 only, using either the Clover ALC patch or other methods to reach the same result), has a strange problem that is when playing sound after 2 min, a static started to build up and will eventually swallow the entire sound output. The problem can be solved by resetting the output device channel (e.g. in Audio Layout ID = 1, when Internal speakers is the actual output, we can switch to Line Out 1 or 2 temporarily, and switch back. Audio becomes fine for another 2 min).

Sounds to me definitely a driver problems as it is reproducible, emerging gradually and can be reset. Looks like it is not able to using the right setting for the card (like its buffer). So as time passes, the buffer overflows. And causes all kinds of problem.

So, do any of you ALC1150 guy have the same problem? should the drivers be updated? All my other settings are standard as required for the sound patches. It is very interesting to know why this happens......(as a driver problem)

the sound card is perfectly fine when booted to Windows. So it is not a hardware problem. Or it can be some Bios Setting, or kext interference..

Thanks

ALC1150 sound static noise problem

Exact same issue, this fix worked for me!

ALC1150 sound static noise problem

Problem solved! Thanks a lot !

i'm trying to search, but can i find the downgrade process somewhere? thanks.

i'm trying to search, but can i find the downgrade process somewhere? thanks.

is the new clover support ARTFrequency?
might be a bug with our sound card, Slice is replied a solution to edit UseARTFrequency to false
so here's my config.plist for Asus Maximus VIII Extreme, no more distorted sound on new clover 3389

Code:
    <key>CPU</key>
    <dict>
        <key>QPI</key>
        <integer>100</integer>
        <key>UseARTFrequency</key>
        <false/>
    </dict>

UseARTFrequency->False solved annoying audio distortions with my skylake build when using iTunes for more than 3 minutes!:headbang:

Hello New to mackintosh i have this trouble with my installation z170x-ud5
where i put this code?

I'm with Lelead, where do i put this ARTFrequency? Do i put this code anywhere? I have included my plist. Thank you for the help.

is the new clover support ARTFrequency?
might be a bug with our sound card, Slice is replied a solution to edit UseARTFrequency to false
so here's my config.plist for Asus Maximus VIII Extreme, no more distorted sound on new clover 3389

Code:
    <key>CPU</key>
    <dict>
        <key>QPI</key>
        <integer>100</integer>
        <key>UseARTFrequency</key>
        <false/>
    </dict>

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.4 KB · Views: 358
Status