i7-7700T
Graphics
GTX960
Mac
MacBook, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Me too.

On my ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming rig with i7-6700K on El Capitan 10.11.6, I had the iTunes audio degrade at 2 minutes into the first track.

These two lines: "<key>UseARTFreqency</key>" , "<false/>" added to the CPU section of the config.plist solved the issue.

Note that I used TextEdit to make the edit followed by running "plutil config.plist" in the terminal app. Sure enough, I had made an error which "plutil" caught.

Good modding,
neil

Motherboard
Asus Maximus VIII Hero
CPU
i7 6700K
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 3000, EVAGA GTX Geforce950SC
Mac
MacBook Air, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Me too.

On my ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming rig with i7-6700K on El Capitan 10.11.6, I had the iTunes audio degrade at 2 minutes into the first track.

These two lines: "<key>UseARTFreqency</key>" , "<false/>" added to the CPU section of the config.plist solved the issue.

Note that I used TextEdit to make the edit followed by running "plutil config.plist" in the terminal app. Sure enough, I had made an error which "plutil" caught.

Good modding,
neil
I have a similar problem, but i'm not shure if this solution would help getting it solved, here's a description of it.
It's low in volume and is ocurring when moving the mouse, using keyboard be it bluetooth or wired. It also occurs when loading a App. It's not audible when i listen to headphones out on the front of the case or the one direct from the MOBO. It gets not louder when i increase the volume, it stays at the same loudness. I plan to use this build for music production so i would love to have this fixed. My El Capitan 10.11.6 Hack consists of a Gygabyte Z170X-UD5 TH, i7 6700K, Geforce GTX950Sc and a TP Linkwifi card As Audiodrivers i have ALC1150 and the 100Series Audio installed using Multibeast i also ran HDAEnabler using Kext Utility. In order to get the Nvidia Drivers to work i had to run two AGDP patches. As System Spec i used iMac17.1 and increased the USB Portlimits in Multibeast.

Update:
I found my the culprit and the noise and crackles are gone. THanx

Last edited:
I have a similar problem, but i'm not shure if this solution would help getting it solved, here's a description of it.
It's low in volume and is ocurring when moving the mouse, using keyboard be it bluetooth or wired. It also occurs when loading a App. It's not audible when i listen to headphones out on the front of the case or the one direct from the MOBO. It gets not louder when i increase the volume, it stays at the same loudness. I plan to use this build for music production so i would love to have this fixed. My El Capitan 10.11.6 Hack consists of a Gygabyte Z170X-UD5 TH, i7 6700K, Geforce GTX950Sc and a TP Linkwifi card As Audiodrivers i have ALC1150 and the 100Series Audio installed using Multibeast i also ran HDAEnabler using Kext Utility. In order to get the Nvidia Drivers to work i had to run two AGDP patches. As System Spec i used iMac17.1 and increased the USB Portlimits in Multibeast.

Update:
I found my the culprit and the noise and crackles are gone. THanx
I have exactly the same issue, what was the culprit mate ?

@Mondstaub - Can you shed any light on what caused the problem? Or solution? thanks
I´m not sure if this is the right place to put this answer.
Anyway. In my config.plist UseARTFreqency was already set to false. I have AppleALC.kext. What I found out about this static background noise was it nearly disappeared when I turned down the volume on the mic in Audio settings. But I could still hear it.
Then I plugged in a mic into the microphone input, and the noise stopped. It also works with a headset or anything else that has a jack. This fix works. First I though about disable the mic port in kext/ config.plist or wherever. Too much work. So I tried not running with the input emty. I use a usb headset with microphone, so this fix might not work for those who wants to use the microphone input. Anyway, hope this helps somebody with a headache for trying to get rid this annoying noise.

Motherboard
Z370-A
CPU
i7 Intel 8th Gen 8700k
Graphics
M2000 Nvidia Quadro
Me too.

Good modding,
neil
Hi bud,

I just added the text, still have it on ALC1220A. Any suggestions? - this is on High Sierra

Anyone else still have this problem?

Motherboard
Gigabyte > need model # > See Rules!
CPU
i3-8100
Graphics
HD 7600
Mac
iMac
Classic Mac
iBook, iMac, LC, Portable, Power Mac, PowerBook, SE
Mobile Phone
iOS
Noisy static Sound / audio coming from my Hackintosh.

Over the last three month I’ve tried most of the published solutions with no change. I am using external speakers powered by the usb port. I have two computers both similar builds, one is perfect with no sound distortion at all.

The noisy Hackintosh is contrived of as much use stuff as I could find. Recently I plugged the usb power for the speakers into an external power supply. Presto No annoying noise!

Conclusion at this point CHEAP power supply.

Motherboard
Gigabyte > need model # > See Rules!
CPU
i3-8100
Graphics
HD 7600
Mac
iMac
Classic Mac
iBook, iMac, LC, Portable, Power Mac, PowerBook, SE
Mobile Phone
iOS
Noisy static Sound / audio coming from my Hackintosh.

Over the last three month I’ve tried most of the published solutions with no change. I am using external speakers powered by the usb port. I have two computers both similar builds, one is perfect with no sound distortion at all.

The noisy Hackintosh is contrived of as much used stuff as I could find. Recently I plugged the usb power for the speakers into an external power supply. Presto No annoying noise!

Conclusion at this point CHEAP power supply. The other computer has a $80 PSU

Motherboard
Z170X-UD5 TH-Clover
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
RX Vega 56
Mac
Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
Conclusion at this point CHEAP power supply. The other computer has a $80 PSU
Great for you! Hardware is crucial part of Hackintosh always!