Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] ALC 1220 Audio not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is apparently a layout-id problem. on my gigabyte Z370-UD3 apparently "5" is the right ID to inject (1, 2 and 11) all resulted in crackling front panel audio.
The noise is a front panel connector or motherboard grounding problem. Audio ID has no effect on hardware issues.

The noise is a front panel connector or motherboard grounding problem. Audio ID has no effect on hardware issues.

no, it wasn't, the hardware is fine. what was wrong was some kind of a borked install of the audio patches. at some point i had to start over on this rig, and the 2nd time thru it was fine. i suspect that some wrong kext got installed when i did a time machine restore of my old machine, which is a gigabyte z77 system.

you say over and over again that noise is always a connector/grounding problem but it can be caused by software.

for the record 11 is the right layout id for this board, but when the software was jacked up for some reason injecting 5 fixed the crackling problem. however, in that state the sense of the headphone jack and rear jack were reversed, meaning that the back panel jack would override the headphone jack, so it was not a workable solution.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back