Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z170-HD3
CPU
Intel i7 6700k
Graphics
GTX 980
Hey team,

I’ve been using this Hackintosh for a few months now and it’s been working great. Bought all the parts from Tonymacx86’s Buyers Guide.

Suddenly, it wouldn’t let me boot into the Mac from the Clover menu. It just stays stuck on the Apple logo boot screen and the loading bar never fills up.

This totally caught me off guard. I didn’t install anything or changed any settings before this error happened.

This really sucks. I use my Hackintosh as my main computer for doing my work. (Still keep a MacBook around as a backup).

Not sure how to fix this? Any help would be immensely appreciated.

What I’ve tried:
• Disconnected all USB devices and peripherals (except keyboard, mouse and display)
• nv_disable=1
• Booting to recovery partition didn’t work
• Booting in "safe mode” and “without inject kexts” didn’t work.
• Looked through Ammulder’s "Big List of Solutions for El Capitan Install Problems”

Specs:
• El Capitan OS X
• Intel i7 6700k
• GA-Z170-HD3
• Nvidia GTX 980
• 32 GB RAM

Additional screenshots are in my Dropbox folder here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/c2zv8s53jm6kfnp/AACeLe3pvkWf7czpwu_g1MTUa?dl=0

Thank you so much.
IMG_4097.JPG
IMG_4091.JPG

Do you have Inject USB + FixOwnership enabled?

At Clover Boot Screen select Options > PCI devices > USB Ownership and USB Injection

Check Inject USB + FixOwnership in Clovers config.plist.
Code:
        <key>USB</key>
        <dict>
            <key>FixOwnership</key>
            <true/>
            <key>Inject</key>
            <true/>
        </dict>

THANK YOU BreBo!!!

Your solution worked. Got my Hackintosh back!

For other newbies like me, here's a screenshot of BreBo's solution:

IMG_4100.JPG

Likewise - thank you! You saved me hours of work and concern. I woke this morning and had the same issue. My Hackintosh of many months (which ran without issue) would not boot this AM. This got me up and running immediately. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

I also had this exact same problem and the above Clover flags in the picture solved the issue.
Basically when Clover bootloader is loaded, you need to select Options button with the keyboard arrow keys, press Enter, then find PCI devices topic, and mark the USB Ownership and USB Injection options selected with the Enter (Return) key. This setting is only valid for one boot, so it's perfect for testing but not a permanent solution.

If your machine can only boot with these two flags, you'd better set them as default settings so you don't have to make these changes every time you turn on your machine:

On the main system drive mount the EFI partition then open EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist and add the bootflags under Devices/USB with the value: true.

Last edited:
Thank you, this solve my "freeze stuck boot on apple logo" too, after change this two parameters installation continue like a charm ! This problem was on friends hackintosh, not in my in my profile so HW spec was:
MB - GA-Z87MX-D3H
VGA - EVGA GeForce GTX980

Do you have Inject USB + FixOwnership enabled?

At Clover Boot Screen select Options > PCI devices > USB Ownership and USB Injection

Check Inject USB + FixOwnership in Clovers config.plist.
Code:
        <key>USB</key>
        <dict>
            <key>FixOwnership</key>
            <true/>
            <key>Inject</key>
            <true/>
        </dict>

Just registered to say Thanks. You probably saved me no less than 100 bucks which my repair guy would have taken!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back