Contribute
Register

[solved] After installing Windows 7, I can not boot by clover (Legacy))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Samsung E30
CPU
Intel Core i3
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 620
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello darlings,

Sorry for my english

I would like some help from you!
I already have the Hackintosh Sierra installed on my laptop running perfectly, with no problems performing a boot by clover, but this week I decided to create a partition on my single HD SATA and install Windows 7.

After that, I created the partition, formatted it, entered the Windows 7 installer normally and did the installation of Windows 7. But the MAC is still there and I can not boot from Clover so I can choose which of the two systems I want to enter , is currently already in direct access to Windows 7.

To get into the Mac I'm putting the Mac Sierra installation pendrive, I boot the pendrive and I get to choose the Mac partition and I enter normally.

Could someone help me install Clover again and get into the Mac and Windows?

My Settings:
Mac OS X Sierra 10.12.6
Acer Notebook V3-572G
Intel core i5 processor
1 HD SATA 1TB
8 GB Memory
Intel HD Graphics 5500

Thank you all!!!

Hello darlings,

Sorry for my english

I already have the Hackintosh Sierra installed on my laptop running perfectly, with no problems performing a boot by clover, but this week I decided to create a partition on my single HD SATA and install Windows 7.

After that, I created the partition, formatted it, entered the Windows 7 installer normally and did the installation of Windows 7. But the MAC is still there and I can not boot from Clover so I can choose which of the two systems I want to enter , is currently already in direct access to Windows 7.

To get into the Mac I'm putting the Mac Sierra installation pendrive, I boot the pendrive and I get to choose the Mac partition and I enter normally.

My Settings:
Mac OS X Sierra 10.12.6
Acer Notebook V3-572G
Intel core i5 processor
1 HD SATA 1TB
8 GB Memory
Intel HD Graphics 5500

Thank you all!!!
When you install windows the EFI/BOOT/BOOTX64.EFI path you have been using to start Clover on your internal disk stops working because Windows adds an entry called 'Windows Boot Manager' in the NVRAM EFI boot menu. No longer needing to fall back to the emergency path, firmware boots windows first.

Solution: Add the path /EFI/CLOVER/CLOVERX64.EFI as a new entry in the EFI boot menu. As windows is starting search for the older (free) version of EasyUEFI , which can add the entry. Or use EFI shell bcfg, or efibootmgr in Linux. Lots of search terms there.

Not a Desktop - Moved to Laptop Support.

Hello darlings,

Sorry for my english

My Settings:
Mac OS X Sierra 10.12.6
Acer Notebook V3-572G
Intel core i5 processor
1 HD SATA 1TB
8 GB Memory
Intel HD Graphics 5500

Thank you all!!!

You should install Windows in UEFI, not legacy.
See guide, post #2 for important details regarding dual-boot:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

For Win7 UEFI, use google to find instructions for proper creation of USB UEFI Windows installer.

You should install Windows in UEFI, not legacy.
See guide, post #2 for important details regarding dual-boot:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

For Win7 UEFI, use google to find instructions for proper creation of USB UEFI Windows installer.

thank you @RehabMan!!

I'm going to remove Windows and install with UEFI. Just another question, if I remove the partition I created for Windows 7 on the Mac everything back to normal (initializing directly to the clover)?

Doubt resolved.

thank you @RehabMan!!

I'm going to remove Windows and install with UEFI. Just another question, if I remove the partition I created for Windows 7 on the Mac everything back to normal (initializing directly to the clover)?

Doubt resolved.

If you installed Win7 in legacy mode, BIOS may be set to prioritize legacy boot.
Just set it to prioritize UEFI boot, and you should be booting back to Clover.

Thanks, moderator you can close the topic !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back