HD 4600 & R9 270X
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Other
Hi! I downloaded and created the USB as directed in the guide. Installed my test HDD. Installation complete and boot through pendrive but this time there is no Mojave installed disk shows in Clover menu ..But when I booted through High Sierra disk there shows Mojave Disk but shows graphic error test with Safe mode failed ..... test with RX 560 and HD 530

it I s
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/how-to-update-current-and-past-apfs-efi-downloads.236103/

if you install the latest clover build, you can install ApfsDriverLoader.efi, it's part of the installer.

so for the record, you need to be on the latest version of clover and you need either apfsdriverloader.efi or apfs.efi in your
CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ folder, once install is complete, you will need to copy them over to your hard drive EFI folder.
Yaaa it is ok now success fully logged in ...now audio ALC 888b no audio device ....

ApfsDriverLoader was working fine for me until my most recent reboot where no drives appeared. Back to the old way for now I guess.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/how-to-update-current-and-past-apfs-efi-downloads.236103/

if you install the latest clover build, you can install ApfsDriverLoader.efi, it's part of the installer.

so for the record, you need to be on the latest version of clover and you need either apfsdriverloader.efi or apfs.efi in your
CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ folder, once install is complete, you will need to copy them over to your hard drive EFI folder.
Thanks Flexrac for the remark and the link: indeed APFS is since Mojave mandatory and not 'optional' as it was with High Sierra upgrade! I forgot I was still on HFS+ and did not understand why this time after the completed upgrade to Mojave there was no trace of the Mojave partition at the clover boot screen. As a Plan B, I created an USB installer by following the guide, but this USB did not boot or appear at all either, at startup, for the same reason.

In fact I had another issue that required some hours of searching at the TonyMacx86 fora. I worked with the EFI folder on my hard drive with Sierra and High Sierra, and not with the EFI partition. Apparently, with the upgrade from High Sierra to Mojave, the boot was now performed from EFI partition. Since this was empty, there was no boot or Clover screen at all at start-up. Took me some time to understand, and find, that EFI partition.

Also copying my existing EFI folder to EFI partition was not enough; in another topic I learned I needed to install the latest Clover AND check in the install options of Clover to also install in the EFI partition (this applies for the USB Mojave installer, as well as for the Mojave install USB).

Final result is an upgrade from High Sierra, everything working, except for Nvidia of course. As usual I re-installed (with kext wizard) the AppleAHCIport.kext for my Windows disks, but that did not work. Again, this kext is required to be installed in the EFI partition (same folder as the FakeSMC.kext). Not 100% used to that hidden EFI partition yet ;)

Last edited:
Thanks Flexrac for the remark and the link: indeed APFS is since Mojave mandatory and not 'optional' as it was with High Sierra upgrade! I forgot I was still on HFS+ and did not understand why this time after the completed upgrade to Mojave there was no trace of the Mojave partition at the clover boot screen. As a Plan B, I created an USB installer by following the guide, but this USB did not boot or appear at all, at startup.

In fact I had another issue that required some hours of searching at the TonyMacx86 fora. I worked with the EFI folder on my hard drive with Sierra and High Sierra, and not with the EFI partition. Apparently, with the upgrade from High Sierra to Mojave, the boot was now performed from EFI partition. Since this was empty, there was no boot or Clover screen at all at start-up. Took me some time to understand, and find, that EFI partition.

Also copying my existing EFI folder to EFI partition was not enough; in another topic I learned I needed to install the latest Clover AND check in the install options of Clover to also install in the EFI partition (this applies for the USB Mojave installer, as well as for the Mojave install USB).

Final result is an upgrade from High Sierra, everything working, except for Nvidia of course. As usual I re-installed (with kext wizard) the AppleAHCIport.kext for my Windows disks, but that did not work. Again, this kext is required to be installed in the EFI partition (same folder as the FakeSMC.kext). Not 100% used to that hidden EFI partition yet ;)

I didn't realize Clover wasn't installing to my EFI. When I mount it and try to run Clover on my EFI, it doesn't show up as an installation target. How did you get it to install there? Can I, instead, just copy my Drivers64UEFI folder? That seems to be the only thing different between the two...

I didn't realize Clover wasn't installing to my EFI. When I mount it and try to run Clover on my EFI, it doesn't show up as an installation target. How did you get it to install there? Can I, instead, just copy my Drivers64UEFI folder? That seems to be the only thing different between the two...
Indeed, even with EFI mounted, you don't see EFI partition as installation target during the installation setup of Clover EFI Bootloader. As well for the install USB as the final OS X mojave installation, I performed the steps described here:

During installation, press the left bottom button to change your installation settings, add kexts etc.
Schermafbeelding 2018-09-30 om 12.55.14.png
In that menu, you can add 'install Clover in the ESP'. (ESP = EFI System Partition).
Schermafbeelding 2018-09-30 om 12.56.56.png
Only copying the efi files and kexts did not do the trick for me, I had to install clover bootloader (both on the installation USB as the final OS X Mojave disk). In fact, since I upgraded from High Sierra, I only needed my Mojave installation USB for the first boot after upgrade to have the Clover boot menu up and running. After installation of Clover bootloader to the OS X Mojave installation disk, I don't need it to boot, but I keep the USB in case of emergency.

So both is needed; install the Clover bootloader AND copy the kexts, apfs.efi etc to the EFI partition.
The same way I found out that for other kexts too (in my case AppleAHCIport.kext), the old way of installing the kext with e.g. Kext Wizard on the OS X partition is not the way anymore; it needs to be in the EFI partition now.

FYI: I first tried with the Clover Legacy boot Mode from this site, but that did not work. Maybe I did something wrong there.

Indeed, even with EFI mounted, you don't see EFI partition as installation target during the installation setup of Clover EFI Bootloader. As well for the install USB as the final OS X mojave installation, I performed the steps described here:

During installation, press the left bottom button to change your installation settings, add kexts etc.
View attachment 354133
In that menu, you can add 'install Clover in the ESP'. (ESP = EFI System Partition).
View attachment 354134
Only copying the efi files and kexts did not do the trick for me, I had to install clover bootloader (both on the installation USB as the final OS X Mojave disk). In fact, since I upgraded from High Sierra, I only needed my Mojave installation USB for the first boot after upgrade to have the Clover boot menu up and running. After installation of Clover bootloader to the OS X Mojave installation disk, I don't need it to boot, but I keep the USB in case of emergency.

So both is needed; install the Clover bootloader AND copy the kexts, apfs.efi etc to the EFI partition.
The same way I found out that for other kexts too (in my case AppleAHCIport.kext), the old way of installing the kext with e.g. Kext Wizard on the OS X partition is not the way anymore; it needs to be in the EFI partition now.

FYI: I first tried with the Clover Legacy boot Mode from this site, but that did not work. Maybe I did something wrong there.
Harkoni, you are a life saver! This fixed it for me, after 3 days of frustration. Thanks for the detailed explanation / instruction, much appreciated!

Hi to all!
I'm in the same situation... i have tried with 'install Clover in the ESP' .. and install clover in the osx hardisk system as slave usb disk ..
also i have tried to install multibest kext and boot loader .. the same with the osx disk in slave with the usb adapter..

but nothing.. I can't see the disk in clover after the first installation.

Please help!

I have also tried now this solution without results...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back