CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Alright, so I will try to keep it short and to the point. I got back into hackintoshing after a couple of years. Installed High Sierra on my PC wiht the following specs:
  1. Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F ATX Gaming motherboard.
  2. Graphics Card: No external graphics card, only the internal memory (Intel HD Graphics 630)
  3. CPU: Intel Core i7 4.20 GHz KabyLake
  4. RAM: G.SKILL F4-3000C16D-16GTZR TridentZ RGB Series 16GB (2x8GB) 3000MHz DDR4
  5. Case: Corsair Crystal Series 570X RGB - Tempered Glass, Premium ATX Mid-Tower Case Cases
  6. Power Supply: Corsair CP-9020098-WW VS Series VS650 650 Watt Power Supply Unit (Black)
I was a little skeptical making this build after a long break, but turns out everything works like a charm in just the first attempt. I used the clover bootloader and got the perfect install in a single go. Everything - the Intenet, sound, shutdown, restart, sleep, etc. - no issues at all.

Excited by the developments, I am now looking to add a dedicated Graphics card to the build. And I have no clue how to proceed. Please let me know the instructions I need to follow to install the card post the build.

PS: I am planning to get the MSI GTX1050Ti - Gaming X - Dual Fan - PCI-E Graphics Card for this system.

Thank you!

Bump!

Well, anyone? Pretty sure the answer is something simple, like: Add the graphics card, use Multibeast to add the appropriate kext and you are good to go. Or, maybe not, because I used Clover, I don't know.

Please let me know how to go about it.

If you have followed the guide to allow the Intel HD 630 graphics to work properly, then you will need to locate and move both kexts to the trash.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/how-to-enable-kaby-lake-intel-6xx-graphics-10-12-6.225282/

You will need to have a compatible system definition, iMac 14,2 is the default and would work, If you have to change system definition and are using iMessage then you will need to go through the iMessage guide after installing everything.

Lastly - you need to use the nvidia web drivers for the version of macOS that you are running:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/nvidia-drivers/

It is worth having a USB installer of macOS High Sierra on hand in case you have issues booting directly from your install during the changeover process - shouldn't 'really' be an issue...

If you have followed the guide to allow the Intel HD 630 graphics to work properly, then you will need to locate and move both kexts to the trash.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/how-to-enable-kaby-lake-intel-6xx-graphics-10-12-6.225282/

You will need to have a compatible system definition, iMac 14,2 is the default and would work, If you have to change system definition and are using iMessage then you will need to go through the iMessage guide after installing everything.

Lastly - you need to use the nvidia web drivers for the version of macOS that you are running:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/nvidia-drivers/

It is worth having a USB installer of macOS High Sierra on hand in case you have issues booting directly from your install during the changeover process - shouldn't 'really' be an issue...

Finally some help! Thank you so much Adrian. I will give it a try and let you know.

Adrian: Just wanted to thank you for helping out. I was able to install and get my Graphics Card working straight away. Along with your instructions, I did some more research and figured out how to fix this. In case it helps someopne, here's the process I used:

Installation procedure :
  1. In BIOS: Disable Integrated graphics - Set PEG as Primary
  2. On Clover Screen: Boot with the flag "nv_disable=1"
  3. Once logged in, download and install web drivers for your OS. (I had problems with display at this point, as the webpage, using Chrome, was completely broken, and I was unable to read anything. I then switched to Safari and I could download the drivers!)
  4. Next, open Clover Configurator
  5. Select Mount EFI under Tools
  6. Click Mount Partition for the EFI macOS is installed on
  7. Click Open Partition
  8. Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER
  9. Open Config.Plist using Clover Configurator
  10. In Clover, on the left menu, select Boot
  11. Uncheck nv_disable=1 if checked
  12. Unheck nvda_drv=1 if checked
  13. In Clover, on the left menu, select Graphics
  14. Uncheck Inject Intel if checked
  15. In Clover, on the left menu, select System Parameters