Acer Aspire E5-476G (OpenCore)
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
Intel UHD620 + Nvidia MX150 (1366x768)
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Problem Reporting

I have installed brightness fix by using AppleBacklightInjector kext. But I can't get brightness control from keyboard without or with Fn Brightness ACPI guide. I have ApplePS2SmartTouchpad.kext and VoodooPS2Controller installed in /S/L/E. I have tried Fn + any keys but no brightness changes. I have tried to patch by Debug & EC instruments + ACPIDebug kext but my syslog can't record my input as EC queries in my laptop (Acer use Fn + left / Fn + right for brightness control). Please help me to fix Fn Brightness key control. Thank you very much.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 156
  • ioreg.zip
    548.9 KB · Views: 136
Problem Reporting

I have installed brightness fix by using AppleBacklightInjector kext. But I can't get brightness control from keyboard without or with Fn Brightness ACPI guide. I have ApplePS2SmartTouchpad.kext and VoodooPS2Controller installed in /S/L/E. I have tried Fn + any keys but no brightness changes. I have tried to patch by Debug & EC instruments + ACPIDebug kext but my syslog can't record my input as EC queries in my laptop (Acer use Fn + left / Fn + right for brightness control). Please help me to fix Fn Brightness key control. Thank you very much.

ACPI not patched correctly.
No accommodation for _OSI("Darwin").
See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

So I must patch with OS Check Fix (Windows 8) + _OSI to XOSI + SSDT-XOSI or other patch?

Yes.
Because the version of Windows that the EC thinks you're running matters for EC queries.

Yes.
Because the version of Windows that the EC thinks you're running matters for EC queries.
I've done patching my EFI with _OSI to XOSI and SSDT-XOSI. But syslog still can't record my input, is my patch wrong?

I've done patching my EFI with _OSI to XOSI and SSDT-XOSI. But syslog still can't record my input, is my patch wrong?

Make sure you're obtaining the kernel log correctly.
(must use 'log').

Make sure you're obtaining the kernel log correctly.
(must use 'log').
I use Console app to see system log but how to get kernel log in High Sierra? I can't found it on /var/log/
Sorry, I am very new in hackintosh.

Done, now my brightness key working (_Q8E for b.up and _Q8F for b.down).
Thank you very much @RehabMan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back