HD 630
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. Classic
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all, been a while since I've hackintoshed but this time around I wanted to breathe life into an old acer laptop I had lying around.

So far I have everything is up and working in high Sierra and booting into the OS but it will only boot via USB and not natively from the OS HDD with clover.

I used a method outside of the site to do a vanilla install using clover and High Sierra from the app store.

Issue #1- I can't get the system to boot without the USB. what am I doing wrong?

Issue#2- I need to replace the wifi BT chip in it since this one is centrino, does anyone recommend something?

I am wanting to run this as Vanilla as possible. I have a fully working patched dsdt that gives me proper graphics, battery info, and such.

Please help! it is much appreciated.

I can list a complete walkthrough if anyone needs it once I have everything fully working!

Hi all, been a while since I've hackintoshed but this time around I wanted to breathe life into an old acer laptop I had lying around.

So far I have everything is up and working in high Sierra and booting into the OS but it will only boot via USB and not natively from the OS HDD with clover.

I used a method outside of the site to do a vanilla install using clover and High Sierra from the app store.

Issue #1- I can't get the system to boot without the USB. what am I doing wrong?

Issue#2- I need to replace the wifi BT chip in it since this one is centrino, does anyone recommend something?

I am wanting to run this as Vanilla as possible. I have a fully working patched dsdt that gives me proper graphics, battery info, and such.

Please help! it is much appreciated.

I can list a complete walkthrough if anyone needs it once I have everything fully working!
moved to laptop support

Read up on the FAQ first:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Link to laptop guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

If you get stuck and need some help then upload your "Problem Reporting" files.

List of files required can be found from the FAQ link above

A moderator that joined after me, I get it you want to generic reply thats fine. I already went though those lists and did that all correctly. Ill get the problem files uploaded as soon as I can. I am actually using the Acer to type this response.

A moderator that joined after me, I get it you want to generic reply thats fine. I already went though those lists and did that all correctly. Ill get the problem files uploaded as soon as I can. I am actually using the Acer to type this response.
I moved your post as you posted in "buying advice" for some strange reason.

As you used a method "outside of the site" that's why i linked you to a proven laptop guide

method outside of site= meaning I manually dragged and dropped kexts and did not multibeast or clover configurator.
I am not sure why it was in buying advice either, strange but maybe because I am looking to buy a wifi/bluetooth dongle that is natively supported. It's been a while since I have been in the forums posting so it was most likely me being dumb or not realizing where I was posting.

thanks for the quick responses though, I wasn't sure if anyone would see them right away. I will try to upload my boot file when I get a chance. Im so close to having this thing running 100%

method outside of site= meaning I manually dragged and dropped kexts and did not multibeast or clover configurator.
I am not sure why it was in buying advice either, strange but maybe because I am looking to buy a wifi/bluetooth dongle that is natively supported. It's been a while since I have been in the forums posting so it was most likely me being dumb or not realizing where I was posting.

thanks for the quick responses though, I wasn't sure if anyone would see them right away. I will try to upload my boot file when I get a chance. Im so close to having this thing running 100%

Both of your questions in post #1 are answered in the FAQ and linked guides:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

manually dropping kexts is a bad idea, use kext wizard instead or you can use following terminal command:

Code:
sudo cp -R KextToInstall.kext /Library/Extensions

also multibeast is normally used for desktops :)

Got t working. Changed folder configuration on me so I forgot to put kexts in the right folder. My first time using clover. Thanks everyone for your input.

sound not working,applehda or vodoohda or applealc (alc269) help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back