Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Accidentally installed clover to old hack harddrive now cant get in!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Rampage IV Extreme X79
CPU
i7-4930K
Graphics
GTX 770
Hey guys

Super rookie mistake here and cant seem to find anything about what to do in this scenario anywhere..

Whilst prepping my usb installer for a fresh install on a new SSD i accidentally installed clover (5129) to my current Hackintosh’s SSD which was on an older Clover, around 2652 i think (basically I clicked install but forgot to change souce folder to the usb...)

On boot i get the clover bootloader screen and option of Legacy 1 or 2 boot options (but when i choose either i just get black screen with white flashing line) Its been years since I did my build and safe to say i am rusty..

Is it possible to bypass this and get into macOS so i can finish the USB installer?

thankyou for any help

EDIT:
Important to note that my machine is dual booted and I can access the Windows SSD through the BIOS, I also have timemachine setup which has a recent version of my Yosemite install saved but I cant access this drive, only windows

Last edited:
Or have i just wiped over my whole clover install from before?! haha...

FIX

I managed to get into the EFI from my windows SSD using Minitool Partition Wizard then assigned the EFI volume a drive letter to access it in Explorer++ and copied and replaced the correct clover folder build after recompiling it all on windows from the right sources and correlating clover version i used back then! Now boots but i just have to go through the clover bootloader to get in which works for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back