Contribute
Register

[Solved] access problem to the bios after plugin an external ssd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,

I plugged on my computer an external ssd from my laptop (with an osx instal on it).
Since, the computer doesn't want to do anything. I'm stuck on the motherboard screen (press Del or F2...)
Is it possible that the other osx installation disturbed the configuration?
The computer was working perfectly just before.
I tried disconnecting the other harddrive, unpluged the motherboard battery for an instant, pressing all the button i could on the keyboard ..
but just feeling sad :(
Anyhelp ?
THanks

Motherboard :
Asus Z97-A
Nvidia 1996

any ideas ?

Hi there.

You don't say what was originally on your computer. Was it Windows or a Hackintosh?

Was your laptop already a Hackintosh if it has OS X on it?

From the way you describe it, it sounds as though the computer (a PC?) can't boot from the external drive. That could be because the SSD is set up for a UEFI boot or a Legacy boot, but your PC is the other type etc.

I think to help you we will need a lot more information about your hardware and what is installed already

:)

Hi there.

You don't say what was originally on your computer. Was it Windows or a Hackintosh?

Was your laptop already a Hackintosh if it has OS X on it?

From the way you describe it, it sounds as though the computer (a PC?) can't boot from the external drive. That could be because the SSD is set up for a UEFI boot or a Legacy boot, but your PC is the other type etc.

I think to help you we will need a lot more information about your hardware and what is installed already

:)

Yes it's a Hackintosh with sierra on it now.
This pb is resolved , but not sure what happened exactly. I couldnt enter into the bios.
Finally i did and iI tried to change my boot settings
I had to put the CSM into auto
And the secure boot to : Other OS

But I don't understand why the new HDD made me change these option

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back