Contribute
Register

Solved > 75 posts just so we can private message??!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-F
CPU
I5-8600K
Graphics
RX580
Mac
Mac mini, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Wow what a warm welcome from moderators really? That's your reply? How old are you 11? YOU are forcing me to post here, I wouldn't of posted here if I was able to private message. Please don't think I'm taking my anger out on you, I was very happily browsing & researching here until I found this out.

Just go ahead & ban me or delete my thread as some of us have lives & don't want to have to wait 2 months to build a hackintosh. What a joke. I have 2 friends here with me right now as we type this & even they can't believe this rule, you look extremely desperate for posts & forum activity.
Look there are plenty of guide if you follow any of them and post there with questions people will generally answer you in Mins. If you can not build a hack from one of the golden or even user guides. Maybe you just do not need to have a Hack and should just go buy a real one. Does not seem like you handle things you do not like very well.

Motherboard
ASUS X99 Deluxe II
CPU
i7-6850K
Graphics
GTX 1080
Pastry Chef with your 11,000 messages & as a moderator I don't think you can compare your situation to mine. Very easy for you to say.

Motherboard
ASUS X99 Deluxe II
CPU
i7-6850K
Graphics
GTX 1080
Look there are plenty of guide if you follow any of them and post there with questions people will generally answer you in Mins. If you can not build a hack from one of the golden or even user guides. Maybe you just do not need to have a Hack and should just go buy a real one. Does not seem like you handle things you do not like very well.
But there are some guides that I'd like to private message the author for example the thread I'm interested in is CLOSED. So now what? Go ask 200 random people that think they know when I can directly get a proper answer from the author would be FAR more practical.

It's an excellent website I know, but this rule really brings it down.

pastrychef

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
MacBook, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
iBook, Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Pastry Chef with your 11,000 messages & as a moderator I don't think you can compare your situation to mine. Very easy for you to say.
Like I said, even I've been warned for using private communications. Being a mod makes no difference.

Actually, I think a better suggestion is to just remove the button for private messages so unwitting users don't get in trouble.

Motherboard
ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-F
CPU
I5-8600K
Graphics
RX580
Mac
Mac mini, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Like I said, even I've been warned for using private communications. Being a mod makes no difference.

Actually, I think a better suggestion is to just remove the button for private messages so unwitting users don't get in trouble.
Yep I can attest to the fact that mods can not even help in private, @pastrychef was determined to fix an issue that was plaguing me for 6 months. We were working in private when we were told to make a post about the problem and deal with it in public. We complied we did not solve but I eventually did, and posted the answer in the thread we made. Now the solution is there for anyone who needs it.

Motherboard
ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-F
CPU
I5-8600K
Graphics
RX580
Mac
Mac mini, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
But there are some guides that I'd like to private message the author for example the thread I'm interested in is CLOSED. So now what? Go ask 200 random people that think they know when I can directly get a proper answer from the author would be FAR more practical.

It's an excellent website I know, but this rule really brings it down.
Judging by your board and the fact the thread is closed that Author likely is the retired one who likely would not answer you anyways. But since you are not specific on what thread I can only assume..

Adrian B

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-B75M-HD3
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
HD 5570
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Other
I have marked this as solved.

"Private conversations are only enabled once a user has 75 valid posts."

"Members may not solicit nor provide assistance via private conversations. This forum was created to provide help by posting questions and getting answers. By not publicly discussing you are depriving others of solutions to problems they may encounter."

"Any private conversation content that violates any community rule as defined on this page may be removed and result in a temporary suspension of community privileges or a permanent ban."

Motherboard
ASUS X99 Deluxe II
CPU
i7-6850K
Graphics
GTX 1080
LOL pastrychef geeze. I'd hate to see you run a country, it would be a dictatorship. Just you even suggesting that as a new rule makes everything even worse & the future bland for this forum.
Sorry but YES it absolutely makes a difference with you being a moderator, let me repeat, you have 11,000 posts, how doesn't this make a difference??
If I was a moderator well I think I'd have more than my measly 5 or so posts, but I'm not. I work long hours, not much spare time, I just want to get straight to the business.

Let me also repeat, the thread I'm interested in is CLOSED, locked, so I can't private message, I can't post in that thread, what options are left?

pastrychef

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
MacBook, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
iBook, Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
LOL pastrychef geeze. I'd hate to see you run a country, it would be a dictatorship. Just you even suggesting that as a new rule makes everything even worse & the future bland for this forum.
Sorry but YES it absolutely makes a difference with you being a moderator, let me repeat, you have 11,000 posts, how doesn't this make a difference??
If I was a moderator well I think I'd have more than my measly 5 or so posts, but I'm not. I work long hours, not much spare time, I just want to get straight to the business.

Let me also repeat, the thread I'm interested in is CLOSED, locked, so I can't private message, I can't post in that thread, what options are left?
If I ran a country, it would be utopia.

Status
Not open for further replies.