HP Probook 4530s
CPU
i3-2350M
Graphics
IHD 3000
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi fellow Hackintoshers! :wave:

This is my first post on the tonymacx86 forum! My English isn't the best, but I'm trying my best :p

I've been trying to get the FN key (on the left, next to the ctrl key) to work as the Mac function key. I've tried to install the "Fn combo on" in the "Function keys behaviour" section from the ProBook Installer 6. It makes all the F2 - F12 keys work (including audio etc.) but the FN key won't work!

Any ideas? (for specs, see the signature)

Many thanks in advance,
Peter

4530s: FN key not working

Hi fellow Hackintoshers! :wave:

This is my first post on the tonymacx86 forum! My English isn't the best, but I'm trying my best :p

I've been trying to get the FN key (on the left, next to the ctrl key) to work as the Mac function key. I've tried to install the "Fn combo on" in the "Function keys behaviour" section from the ProBook Installer 6. It makes all the F2 - F12 keys work (including audio etc.) but the FN key won't work!

Any ideas? (for specs, see the signature)

Many thanks in advance,
Peter

That key does not work as an "Apple Fn" key -- it is handled internal to the keyboard, so it is not really a "key." (rather, it modifies other keys) to make them generate different codes. But you can make your function keys swap. See SysPrefs -> Keyboard -> "Use all F1, F2..."

That key does not work as an "Apple Fn" key -- it is handled internal to the keyboard, so it is not really a "key." (rather, it modifies other keys) to make them generate different codes. But you can make your function keys swap. See SysPrefs -> Keyboard -> "Use all F1, F2..."

Thanks for your reply RehabMan! I think i haven't posted my question correctly then... The actual question is how to get a key (not really important which key that would be) functioning like the Apple "Command key". The one with the ⌘ symbol.

For instance: if i want to use the "find" option in Firefox, Firefox tells me to enter the following key-combination: ⌘F

I can't do this combination because I don't have a key assigned to ⌘

Thanks for your reply RehabMan! I think i haven't posted my question correctly then... The actual question is how to get a key (not really important which key that would be) functioning like the Apple "Command key". The one with the ⌘ symbol.

For instance: if i want to use the "find" option in Firefox, Firefox tells me to enter the following key-combination: ⌘F

I can't do this combination because I don't have a key assigned to ⌘

Command (%) == Alt (left of space bar)
Option (\~) == Windows key (left of alt)

Yes, that works! Thank you!
I'm such a n00b..! :oops: You can close this one :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back