Contribute
Register

[Solved] 2560x1440 not happening on intel 4600 in Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have tried a couple patches and fixes, but still stuck at 1080p on my Pavillion 32 ( 32" 2560 monitor )

My intel gpu ram is set at max 1532 or something like that. Should I dumb it down?

Using DP? or HDMI?

Both. Odd thing. I had it working before...but I had 2x1080 screens. then I switched to the Pavillion. On that build it worked.
The screen flickered a couple times then it knew I had the Pavillion and a dell hooked up and I got both resolutions. 1080 and 1440. Stupid me, I deleted that install and started over. LOL! So on the new install, I started only with the Pavillion ( 1440 ).
New build is stuck at 1080. I hooked up one of the older dells, to try to trick it into 1440....no go.

Anyhoo: I have a HDMI to HDMI cable ( gives me 1080 ) , Also have a DP to HDMI, also gives me 1080. Previously, both cables gave me 1440.

I might try re-installing from scratch, connect the older 1080 dells, and then switch.

I did the SIP disable, and the CoreDisplay patcher. I don't need hdmi audio, should I still try your CodecCommander? Should I edit plist? I also installed CSMVideo from clover configurator. Perhaps I did too much.

Both. Odd thing. I had it working before...but I had 2x1080 screens. then I switched to the Pavillion. On that build it worked.
The screen flickered a couple times then it knew I had the Pavillion and a dell hooked up and I got both resolutions. 1080 and 1440. Stupid me, I deleted that install and started over. LOL! So on the new install, I started only with the Pavillion ( 1440 ).
New build is stuck at 1080. I hooked up one of the older dells, to try to trick it into 1440....no go.

Anyhoo: I have a HDMI to HDMI cable ( gives me 1080 ) , Also have a DP to HDMI, also gives me 1080. Previously, both cables gave me 1440.

I might try re-installing from scratch, connect the older 1080 dells, and then switch.

I did the SIP disable, and the CoreDisplay patcher. I don't need hdmi audio, should I still try your CodecCommander? Should I edit plist? I also installed CSMVideo from clover configurator. Perhaps I did too much.

Use DP->DP cable, or patch framebuffer as appropriate for HDMI.

cool. Thanks!

UPDATE: Still not working.

I am going to re-install. Hookup both the 1080's and start over. It worked before, I don't ever remember adding any kexts or changing anything. Just swapping plugs a couple times.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back