Contribute
Register

[solved] 15" HP 2017 Spectre X360 - KP With High Sierra Installer

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.

Sorry Rehabman ....

Have generated a new set of debug files with new version of Clover currently installed and remembered to press F2 this time ... :(

Copy of my DGPU disable SSDT is included in the archive (not currently in Clover/ACPI/Patched due to causing KP)

Jay

EDIT: 29-06-2018 Removed depreciated PR Files

Last edited:
Sorry Rehabman ....

Have generated a new set of debug files with new version of Clover currently installed and remembered to press F2 this time ... :(

Copy of my DGPU disable SSDT is included in the archive (not currently in Clover/ACPI/Patched due to causing KP)

Jay
just a quick observation, you don't need EmuVariableUefi-64 if you are using AptioMemoryFix

MacBookPro14,1 may be better to use

FakeSMC should also be installed to system :)

Thx for the advice feartech ....

1. I was not using EmuVariableUefi to being with I was having an issue with App Store and iMessage so i installed it just to see if it was a MLB/ROM issue .... turns out it was the FixAirPort clover fix ... will remove EmuVariableUefi now that the issue has been resolved.

Update: EmuVariableUefi now removed along with Clover RC script .... NVRAM working natively now.

2. Any reason why 14,1 may be a better SMBIOS to use .... I've been running Sierra with 14,2 for the last year with no issues. Bit reluctant to change as will require new MLB/Serial/ROM which may upset iMessage ...

3. So FakeSMC in /L/E as well as Clover/Kexts/Other ?

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
Thx for the advice feartech ....

I was not using EmuVariableUefi to being with I but was having an issue with App Store and iMessage so i installed it just to see if it was a MLB/ROM issue .... turns out it was the FixAirPort clover fix ... will remove EmuVariableUefi now that the issue has been resolved.

Any reason why 14,1 may be a better SMBIOS to use .... I've been running Sierra with 14,2 for the last year with no issues. Bit reluctant to change as will require new MLB/Serial/ROM which may upset iMessage ...

So FakeSMC in /L/E as well as Clover/Kexts/Other ?

Cheers
Jay
Rehabman seems to recommend 14,1 over 14,2 :)

yes, all kexts should be installed to /L/E including fakesmc, only the essential kexts should be installed to clover/kexts/other

AppleALC.kext is not an essential kext (don't need audio to install macOS :) )

AppleALC.kext is not an essential kext (don't need audio to install macOS :) )

As AppleALC.Kext is a plugin for Lilu i put it in Clover Kext's folder as is Lilu itself and the other plugins .. the documentation for AppleALC states that it (and other LiLu plugins) must be loaded before AppleHDA ... etc

Jay

@ Rehabman,

I found a very small error in my Clover config.plist since uploading the updated debug files for you in post #21.
It wont effect anything that your looking at (boolean for hiding an unused legacy partition on my Nvme) but have attached updated version to this post just to be 100% sure you have all my current files.

Cheers
Jay

EDIT: 29-06-2018 Removed depreciated PR Files

Last edited:
Rehabman seems to recommend 14,1 over 14,2 :))
@feartech & Rehabman,

Do you think switching to a 14,1 SMBIOS might help with the DGPU Disable SSDT issue which currently causes a KP ?

It was never a problem with MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 ... but appreciate that Apple does seem to have changed quite a lot in High Sierra. Other than the DGPU the machine is running High Sierra very well with everything else working ok and seems stable.

That said I have noticed a slight delay of 1 to 2 seconds and spinning beach ball whenever the administrator password is required .. such as say deleting a file in one of the system areas of the os. I'm guessing that might be something to do with touch ID which the MacBookPro 14,2 supports and 14,1 does not .... this never occurred with 10.12.X ...

Apart from the initial 10.13.5 setup wizard asking me to setup touch id (which i skipped by clicking on set up later) it has not asked for anything to do with touch id and there is no touch id in sys prefs ...

Will Clone the drive and maybe give it a go ... not sure if changing the SMBIOS on such a well established system will cause problems or not ... are there any recommended pre-requisites to do before changing SMBIOS type other ensuring you have a good backup ? ... I guess logging out of all iCloud accounts would make sense but is there anything else ?

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
@feartech & Rehabman,

Small update ..... as feartech recommended i've changed the SMBIOS type from 14,2 to 14,1 ... and generated a complete new set of ID's to keep iMessage happy and all is working as before. :)

The slight delay & beachball has now gone whenever the OS asks for administrator password ... so it was a well worth exercise.

I think the only reason i chose 14,2 over 14,1 was because 14,2 is for a i7 spec machine where as 14,1 is i5 .. but like i said before under Sierra the 14,2 SMBIOS never caused any issues.

Will try DGPU Disable SDDT now and see if its helped with my original issue, if not i'll generate a new set of debug files and upload them.

Cheers
Jay

@feartech & Rehabman,

Unfortunately as i suspected changing to SMBIOS 14,1 has not helped with the KP if DGPU Disable SSDT is included in Clover/ACPI/Patched ...

Updated config.plist attached, all other files are the same as in the archive attached to post #21

Cheers
Jay

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    4.5 KB · Views: 61
@feartech & Rehabman,

Unfortunately as i suspected changing to SMBIOS 14,1 has not helped with the KP if DGPU Disable SSDT is included in Clover/ACPI/Patched ...

Updated config.plist attached, all other files are the same as in the archive attached to post #21

Cheers
Jay
as you have made changes, you will need to re upload new problem reporting files again

just saw your config.plist... do you need a sorted order with hotpatch? i don't on my system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back