Contribute
Register

[Solved] 1080ti boot loop with 10.13 nvidia web drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Curious I now followed @Amitkumar80752 and i dont have the reboot loop anymore but now i just have a loop with gIOLockscreenState... :(

Try to boot without that nvidia command you tried.

Nope. I've tried everything and I've probably reinstalled OSX at least 15 times because once I install the drivers the install is toast and I have no way to recover it. nv_disable=1 results in this screen just looping over and over https://i.imgur.com/4CBcSy6.jpg?1

not using nv_disable=1 just creates an infinite boot loop with no error message.

What kexts are you using? I am using Lilu, NvidiaGraphicsFixup and NVWebDriverLibValFix. If I remember correctly (you know what it's like when you have tried every permutation and combination!) I had the first 2 only to start with and got as far as the giolockscreenstate loop, and adding the NVWebDriverLibValFix made it all come good. I am running CsrConfigActive=0x3.

What kexts are you using? I am using Lilu, NvidiaGraphicsFixup and NVWebDriverLibValFix. If I remember correctly (you know what it's like when you have tried every permutation and combination!) I had the first 2 only to start with and got as far as the giolockscreenstate loop, and adding the NVWebDriverLibValFix made it all come good. I am running CsrConfigActive=0x3.

I don't have any kexts except fakesmc and one for my ethernet, do these go in S/L/E or on the clover Kexts other folder? Should I install with these?

Nope. I've tried everything and I've probably reinstalled OSX at least 15 times because once I install the drivers the install is toast and I have no way to recover it. nv_disable=1 results in this screen just looping over and over https://i.imgur.com/4CBcSy6.jpg?1

not using nv_disable=1 just creates an infinite boot loop with no error message.
Try Post #2 or #262 for possible solution.

Try Post #2 or #262 for possible solution.

Post #2 worked! Finally. This was really similar to the process posted earlier by Amitkumar, only different seemed to be "touching" the 2 kext directories.

I don't have any kexts except fakesmc and one for my ethernet, do these go in S/L/E or on the clover Kexts other folder? Should I install with these?
I have put mine in Clover/kexts/other although they also worked for me in L/E. I did an update from 10.12 so they were there all the while I did the update. Not sure whether it would have been better to remove them first then put them back though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back