Contribute
Register

[Solved] 10.15.1, updated kexts, pastrychef-verified EFI, 5700XT freezes in OS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to leave mine as iMacPro for it to keep the decoder supported - as soon as i switched to imac19,1 - which is my processor equivalent, it said decoder failed.
Ok thanks.

For you folks who are tagging in, here is the updated EFI with the bootable config.plist. We are still troubleshooting stability issues - my 5700xt freezes after a few minutes in the OS. If anyone has fixed this on 10.15.1 with whatevergreen 1.3.4, I would love to know the solution. The decoder doesn't seem to be supported without using iMacPro1,1 - or so is my current observation.

My specs: 9700K, ASUS z390-E gaming, Sapphire Pulse 5700XT.

If you are asking for help in this thread for hardware unrelated to the 5700XT, this is not the place for it. If you're having graphical issues related to the 5700XT, please hang around and let us know what steps you've tried to make it work correctly. Thanks!

Obviously, if you aren't using that mobo, your steps to get to this point could be wildly different.

Attachments

• EFI-pastrychef-v4.zip
    29.3 MB · Views: 208
Last edited:
I managed to find the cause of the boot problems when using the RX 5700 XT and successfully solved it. Here is my post with detailed information: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...x580-pulse-build.272572/page-262#post-2028045

Wearing this will help someone.

Снимок экрана 2019-11-03 в 08.00.33.png

Looks like the biggest difference between @HYDRAMADY 's hardware and mine is the 5700 vs 5700XT. Is that right? Have we confirmed anyone getting the 5700XT working with whatevergreen 1.3.4 without graphical issues?
I went back to iMacPro, did not change anything else in the config or with kexts. Changing to HDMI, and now my second monitor running off a DisplayPort, I did not notice any screen flickering, so it could have been faulty cable after plugging it in and out so many times.

My decoder is listed as supported and I am not noticing any other issues with my setup:
Asus Z270A
i7 7700
Gigabyte RX 5700XT

Would you care to share? I have the card booting into the OS and fully supported - but I'm still freezing after a few minutes. Definitely seems video related at this point. What did you do to get it "working without any glitches?"
Actually i did clean install, 10.15 is booted with gpu but not native support of Navi gpu then waited for 10.15.1 again clean install process have doing but this time i didnt see working with boot argument "agdpmod=pikera" it came black screen lot of time then i swap the gpu with some basic nvidia card then clean installed 10.15.1 loaded latest kexts,clover etc then swap back to 5700 no luck again started booting to back screen with os 10.15.1 is natively supported then yesterday i just removed all boot flags at clover added just agdpmod=pikera thats it bang booted into os with shows my 5700 works FAB

I went back to iMacPro, did not change anything else in the config or with kexts. Changing to HDMI, and now my second monitor running off a DisplayPort, I did not notice any screen flickering, so it could have been faulty cable after plugging it in and out so many times.

My decoder is listed as supported and I am not noticing any other issues with my setup:
Asus Z270A
i7 7700
Gigabyte RX 5700XT
And you're running the EFI that we built?

Actually i did clean install, 10.15 is booted with gpu but not native support of Navi gpu then waited for 10.15.1 again clean install process have doing but this time i didnt see working with boot argument "agdpmod=pikera" it came black screen lot of time then i swap the gpu with some basic nvidia card then clean installed 10.15.1 loaded latest kexts,clover etc then swap back to 5700 no luck again started booting to back screen with os 10.15.1 is natively supported then yesterday i just removed all boot flags at clover added just agdpmod=pikera thats it bang booted into os with shows my 5700 works FAB
Can you upload your EFI folder so I can look at it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back