Contribute
Register

[Solved] 10.15.1, updated kexts, pastrychef-verified EFI, 5700XT freezes in OS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have Asus Z270A, so I set my Internal Graphics Mode to PEG, I am assuming that is the same thing. I'm gonna try changing to HDMI and see if that helps.

Primary display should be set to PEG. Enable multi monitor to enable IGPU.

Try launching Hackintool to see if it says VDA Decoder Fully Supported.

I cannot boot from my RX 5700 XT. I updated the clover, the kexts, the argument, but I always get errors when loading. What is the problem?

iGPU Bios Enabled

F4EEB151-8BE9-449A-8F3E-99A7D05FD539.jpeg

87629FA6-51E1-4070-BD3E-7D6099C22704.jpeg

Primary display should be set to PEG. Enable multi monitor to enable IGPU.

Try launching Hackintool to see if it says VDA Decoder Fully Supported.
It does say decoder failed. Should I switch back to iMacPro to fix that?

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.6 KB · Views: 67
Yes i do same results after making lot of strugle i figured out to get the card working without any glitches
Would you care to share? I have the card booting into the OS and fully supported - but I'm still freezing after a few minutes. Definitely seems video related at this point. What did you do to get it "working without any glitches?"

It does say decoder failed. Should I switch back to iMacPro to fix that?
I had to leave mine as iMacPro for it to keep the decoder supported - as soon as i switched to imac19,1 - which is my processor equivalent, it said decoder failed.

OMG... so many people hijacking the thread.
We are all having the same problem with the 5700xt being stuck, and something with this config fixes the issue. If that solution can be isolated that would be helpful for everyone, and your problem as well.

This Config worked for ASUS Z390-i.

However, I would like to use my own Config, since it works 100% with my motherboard.

Here is my:
Ha, well, good luck - we haven't been able to get it working with anything but this config yet. :)
That is the problem here, I d

We are all having the same problem with the 5700xt being stuck, and something with this config fixes the issue. If that solution can be isolated that would be helpful for everyone, and your problem as well.
We've been trying to get the config working properly for days. Have some patience. I doubt we'll have it fixed tonight. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back