Contribute
Register

[Solved] 10.15.1, updated kexts, pastrychef-verified EFI, 5700XT freezes in OS

Status
Not open for further replies.
AMD Radeon 5700 8Gb NAVI Gpu is working without Black Screen by just adding only "agdpmod=pikera" with all the latest kexts

You got black screen without the boot argument?

adding agdpmod=pikera does allow me to boot without blocking weg on nch107's updated efi I attached to my last post. However, that does not seem to be the answer to the original P08 EFI that @pastrychef and I were working on. It's had the pikera boot argument for quite some time. Even still - with the pikera boot argument on the nch107 efi, the os locks up after 5-10 minutes. What do I try next?

I can run forever without the 5700XT installed.

adding agdpmod=pikera does allow me to boot without blocking weg on nch107's updated efi I attached to my last post. However, that does not seem to be the answer to the original P08 EFI that @pastrychef and I were working on. It's had the pikera boot argument for quite some time. Even still - with the pikera boot argument on the nch107 efi, the os locks up after 5-10 minutes. What do I try next?

I can run forever without the 5700XT installed.

Please try replacing the Clover drivers in the nch107 EFI with the ones from piano08.

Sorry - don't mean to jump into this thread but having similar issues after updating to Catalina. Can't get to desktop (was able to previously after update using -x -v -f) but not now. Weirdly I don't seem to have an EFI folder on my main HD?? That's where it's supposed to be, right?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-11-02 at 13.23.27 .png
    Screen Shot 2019-11-02 at 13.23.27 .png
    232.1 KB · Views: 58
I added the nch107 plist changes into the p08 plist - makes no difference in the boot on the P08 with 5700xt.
I then moved all the clover drivers from nch107 to P08, as well as the kexts (just in case). no change.
Then I replaced the cloverx64.efi, still nothing.
So then I went through and replaced every other folder in P08 EFI>CLOVER, still nothing.
At this point, the only differences I noticed were that nch107 had no usbplm fixes and P08 has 10.15 usbplm fixes.
Even after removing the usbplm fixes from P08, it would still hang on boot with the 5700XT installed.
I even went back and changed the theme, just to be sure.
So, no differences in CCG. I start looking at the actual plist files. Immediately found that I named the P08 dsdt to DSDT.ami (not .aml)
Still hangs at boot.
Beyond that, the list of changes is extensive, even though the config.plist files are exactly the same in CCG.
nch107 has 761 lines, P08 has 377.

So, my only guess is that nch107 made at least some changes directly to the config.plist file? or they were made by different versions of CCG? I'm running 5.2.6.0.

And yes, P08 does boot when I use the nch107 plist. But at that point, it's no longer P08. All the files were replaced by nch107 after that change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back