Contribute
Register

[Solved] 10.15.1, updated kexts, pastrychef-verified EFI, 5700XT freezes in OS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you upload your EFI folder so I can look at it?

This Config worked for ASUS Z390-i.

However, I would like to use my own Config, since it works 100% with my motherboard.

Here is my:

Your config.plist uses iMac19,1. It's better to use iMacPro1,1 because IGPU has to be disabled to use 5700 XT.

My Sapphire RX 5700 XT Pulse good work macOS 10.15.1 Final.
I use motherboard ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-I Gaming + CPU Intel Core i9 (9900K)

Снимок экрана 2019-11-03 в 08.22.20.png

For you folks who are tagging in, here is the updated EFI with the bootable config.plist. We are still troubleshooting stability issues - my 5700xt freezes after a few minutes in the OS. If anyone has fixed this on 10.15.1 with whatevergreen 1.3.4, I would love to know the solution. The decoder doesn't seem to be supported without using iMacPro1,1 - or so is my current observation.

My specs: 9700K, ASUS z390-E gaming, Sapphire Pulse 5700XT.

If you are asking for help in this thread for hardware unrelated to the 5700XT, this is not the place for it. If you're having graphical issues related to the 5700XT, please hang around and let us know what steps you've tried to make it work correctly. Thanks!

Obviously, if you aren't using that mobo, your steps to get to this point could be wildly different.

Are you sure your stability problems are related to 5700 XT and not CPU or RAM?

Your config.plist uses iMac19,1. It's better to use iMacPro1,1 because IGPU has to be disabled to use 5700 XT.
Perhaps you are right, but if everything works, is it worth changing something?

I have a 9900K processor, and it is in the iMac 19.1. Therefore, I use it.

Perhaps you are right, but if everything works, is it worth changing something?

I have a 9900K processor, and it is in the iMac 19.1. Therefore, I use it.
Have you verified via hackintool that the VDA Decoder is fully supported?

Got that fixed and working, thank you. It would be nice to find out what is the exact issue that is causing the boot to hang on this card.

You are still getting hangs at boot??

For piano08man, I forgot to enable some items in config.plist > Kernel and Kext Patches section. That has been resolved and booting should be good now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back