Contribute
Register

[Solved] 10.15.1, updated kexts, pastrychef-verified EFI, 5700XT freezes in OS

Status
Not open for further replies.
ha, well i tried 1 first and that got rid of the console error. should i try 0?

Test stability first. The Darkwake should only affect sleep/wake. Worry about that later.

Hi guys, I had the same issue with the 5700xt being stuck boot while my rx 580 worked fine. Using your latest UEFI worked for me, even though I have a different processor and motherboard, thanks for that.

Now, however, with the 5700xt booted and without freezing, I am getting a small flicker in the top right corner of my screen every minute or so. It is very subtle and quick, but it is recurring. Can this be related to the issues you are having?

Thank you again.

Hi guys, I had the same issue with the 5700xt being stuck boot while my rx 580 worked fine. Using your latest UEFI worked for me, even though I have a different processor and motherboard, thanks for that.

Now, however, with the 5700xt booted and without freezing, I am getting a small flicker in the top right corner of my screen every minute or so. It is very subtle and quick, but it is recurring. Can this be related to the issues you are having?

Thank you again.

Are you using iMacPro1,1 system definition?

How is your monitor connected? HDMI? DisplayPort?

I was initially using the iMacPro, as was in your Config, however it was flickering there as well. I changed it to my usual iMac 18,3 as it is the exact match for my processor. Everything works as before but the flickering continues.

I am using a 2k display connected by displayPort.

I was initially using the iMacPro, as was in your Config, however it was flickering there as well. I changed it to my usual iMac 18,3 as it is the exact match for my processor. Everything works as before but the flickering continues.

I am using a 2k display connected by displayPort.

Do you have your iGPU enabled in BIOS? iMac18,3 won't work right without IGPU. The only workaround is to use NoVpaJpeg.kext but that disables hardware decoding.

I don't know what can be the cause of your flickering. 2K on DisplayPort should not be a problem at all...

I have Asus Z270A, so I set my Internal Graphics Mode to PEG, I am assuming that is the same thing. I'm gonna try changing to HDMI and see if that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back