Gigabyte GA-H55M-UD2H
CPU
i7-870
Graphics
2x HD 5770
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hey guys, I have everything working on my system which has a Core i7-6500u, HD520 GPU, Elan 1000 trackpad, etc. However, I am having issues with the GPU driver hanging from wakeup on sleep. Sleep works in safeboot mode, with minimal graphics acceleration. Attached are the logs with my issue, any help would be great. Cheers.

Attachments

• Kernel_2018-09-27-191505_-MacBook-Pro.txt
    58.1 KB · Views: 209
Hey guys, I have everything working on my system which has a Core i7-6500u, HD520 GPU, Elan 1000 trackpad, etc. However, I am having issues with the GPU driver hanging from wakeup on sleep. Sleep works in safeboot mode, with minimal graphics acceleration. Attached are the logs with my issue, any help would be great. Cheers.
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Here are the proper debug files. The kernel panics aren't relevant since I am aware that voodooi2c caused them from testing out different builds.

Attachments

• debug_3183.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 113
Here are the proper debug files. The kernel panics aren't relevant since I am aware that voodooi2c caused them from testing out different builds.

No ioreg there. Please check your files before uploading.

Here's the ioreg.

Attachments

• MacBook Pro.ioreg
    6.2 MB · Views: 194
Here's the ioreg.

Strange ACPI patching you have there.
Might want to start over with guides:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

And lots of other important topics linked from the FAQ:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Could whatevergreen be causing issues with sleep/wake? I've tried patching the skylake framebuffer using FBPatcher. Also, Sleep worked fine on 10.12 and 10.13. So this definitely doesn't seem to be related to ACPI patching.

Could whatevergreen be causing issues with sleep/wake? I've tried patching the skylake framebuffer using FBPatcher. Also, Sleep worked fine on 10.12 and 10.13. So this definitely doesn't seem to be related to ACPI patching.

My suggestions are that you fix the basic issues with your install first.
Sleep/wake can definitely be affected by incorrect ACPI patching.
You can test display sleep independently of full sleep/wake to determine if you have issues that might be specific to graphics.

That wouldn't explain why Sleep/Wake works properly on 10.14 whenever I use safeboot mode with minimal graphics acceleration.

Last edited:
My suggestions are that you fix the basic issues with your install first.
Sleep/wake can definitely be affected by incorrect ACPI patching.
You can test display sleep independently of full sleep/wake to determine if you have issues that might be specific to graphics.
Anything specific that you saw related to my ACPI patching that could be affecting sleep? The OEM ASUS DSDT is a mess to patch. There's a lot of peripherials and other device references that don't even exist. Also, it seems that my ACPI config wouldn't explain why Sleep/Wake works properly on 10.14 whenever I use safeboot mode with minimal graphics acceleration. It definitely doesn't seem to be related to the ACPI config because of that..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back