Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] 10.14.1 USB issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
the problem is the post isn't written for laymen. for those that don't have technical experience it isn't well explained. detailed, yes, well explained, nimo.

Every time I look at that guide I go "nope".

Fortunately, I've had good gigabyte boards that have reliable DSDT information and USB has "just worked" (3.0 and 2.0) no problem.

Although haven't had to use 10.14.1 yet. probably gonna be on 10.13.6 for a LONG time with a 1080ti.

Every time I look at that guide I go "nope".

You should actually attempt to follow the guide before deciding you can't do it.
It is not as difficult as it seems.

the problem is the post isn't written for laymen. for those that don't have technical experience it isn't well explained. detailed, yes, well explained, nimo.

I was overwhelmed when I first set out to do mine, but I read it several times, took it slowly, and wrote down my results to each step. Trying to remember anything was a bad idea, and annotating each step helped me avoid mistakes. Since I followed the guide, I've had zero issues with USB.

I'd recommend setting aside a few hours to take it in slowly. You'll learn more doing it, too.

I've read the article a couple times. I can totally spend an hour or two doing this. I just couldn't tell from the article if this was going to be a quick thing, an hour or two, or an all-day project.

I felt the same anxiety but I had USB3 problems on the front ports, so I needed to do something. I've posted my thoughts on the steps in the thread itself. But be assured, it's totally do-able. Took me about 50 mins, from trying out the tools and realising I could see what I was supposed to see ... to installing the compiled code.

I just added the USB 15 port limits patch, USB3.0 and 2.0 work so I have never gone any farther.

After upgrading to 10.14.1, my hackintosh will function like following problem and or symptoms:
1. After boot up, only one front USB port showing up as USB3, the other at front, and four on the back USB3 not able to mount the disk;
2. If I have a sleep then wake up, all USB3 ports become normal;

After switching different SMBIOS setups and tried out different solutions, including FBpatcher, customize DSDT, and KGP's instruction. Still no success.

Temporarily I could manage to have all USB ports working as USB2 by using USBInjectAll.kext with boot flag:
-uia_exclude_ss -uia_exclude_ssp

As after boot up, I will not be able to see USB highlighted while plug-in/un-plug. I can only see USB port responding to plug-in/un-plug after sleep/wake up. Customized DSDT under this condition will not work if I have a fresh reboot.

Very frustrating. Don't want to reinstall back to 10.14.0 at the moment, or maybe I have to. BTW, where can I download 10.14.0?

Having USB 3.0 missing problem after 10.14.1 update.
Rehabman's customize DSDT solution is too complicated for me. any easier ones?

limit patch did not work for me btw.
  • Mojave 10.14.0:
    • Name*: com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI
    • Find* [Hex]: 83FB0F0F 83030500 00
    • Replace* [Hex] : 83FB0F90 90909090 90
    • Comment: USB 10.14+ by PMHeart
    • MatchOS: 10.14.x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back