Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] 10.14.1 USB issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah thanks I was just looking at my DSDT and realized that may be the missing key and you confirmed that. I can't see the SS ports in IORegistry because of the 15 port limit. I have Xcode and PlistEdit Pro but I can't figure out out how to make the -uia_ignore_rmcf work. I added SS entries for all the USB 3.0 ports, but upon reboot none of the 3.0 devices worked only the 2.0 ones. I supposed I'll have to go the tedious trial and error edit & reboot route to eliminate the HS ports not needed.

Last edited:
Hi folks - I was able to update to 10.14.1 without any issue OTA, but after the update some of my USB ports seem to have disappeared. I have a feeling the answer is that I need to get my act together and make a custom SSDT but I figured I'd ask here first. Oddly enough my AlpineRidge TB/USB-C ports are still working, and at least one of the ports on my front panel.

Edit - solved by following RehabMan's advice and making a custom SSDT. Works like a charm, really wasn't that hard.
dude i cannot figure out how to do the ssdt thing for the life of me i try to follow directions and get errors all over

I am off work tomorrow and for those of you saying how simple this is especially Mr. Rehabman, Im going to be replying on this forum until i get it working 100% lol. Could the fact that I am on 14,2 be the issue as well because my build only has 6 usb 3.0 ports, and 1 usb 3.1 port with no generation 2 ports

dude i cannot figure out how to do the ssdt thing for the life of me i try to follow directions and get errors all over

"get errors all over" is not specific enough to provide any help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back