Contribute
Register

[Solved] 10.12.6 Security Update Nvidia Graphics Driver Fail

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just let the update happen automatically for 10.12.6 running Sierra. I have done this many times before with no problem. At the end the Nvidia manager shows up and tells me I have to download new graphic driver, it loads and my computer is returned to normal. Not so this time.

I have read every post I can, My driver manager is showing me that I have 378.05.0525f11 is not compatible. When I chose "Check Now" box a screen comes up and says "No Update Available." So I looked at all of the drivers available and the one thing I see is my build number after the version of the operating system is not listed. It says "16G1710" and that is no where to be found. I'm sick of this flickering screen and someone please give me some advise on how to solve this.

I have the same problem...Also Rehab's script working not properly in this case because it downloading...a High Sierra latest driver which (of course) is not working in Sierra. Waiting for driver updates..........

I just let the update happen automatically for 10.12.6 running Sierra. I have done this many times before with no problem. At the end the Nvidia manager shows up and tells me I have to download new graphic driver, it loads and my computer is returned to normal. Not so this time.

I have read every post I can, My driver manager is showing me that I have 378.05.0525f11 is not compatible. When I chose "Check Now" box a screen comes up and says "No Update Available." So I looked at all of the drivers available and the one thing I see is my build number after the version of the operating system is not listed. It says "16G1710" and that is no where to be found. I'm sick of this flickering screen and someone please give me some advise on how to solve this.

You will have to wait until Nvidia releases a new version of the web driver for the new Sierra build installed by the Sierra Security Update 2018-006.

Also, please update your motherboard, CPU and graphics card information in your Personal Details as stipulated by the rules of this forum.

This outcome is expected every single time you install a security update unless you wait for Nvidia to release an updated version of the driver, something which usually takes 1-5 days.

This outcome is expected every single time you install a security update unless you wait for Nvidia to release an updated version of the driver, something which usually takes 1-5 days.

Exactly.

Personally I don't want to deal with this issue, and it is the reason why I only use natively supported GPUs in my systems, such as RX 580 / GTX 760 / GTX 660 / HD 7870.

You will have to wait until Nvidia releases a new version of the web driver for the new Sierra build installed by the Sierra Security Update 2018-006.

Also, please update your motherboard, CPU and graphics card information in your Personal Details as stipulated by the rules of this forum.
Thanks for the advice. The update came through today and my world is back to normal.

I have the same problem...Also Rehab's script working not properly in this case because it downloading...a High Sierra latest driver which (of course) is not working in Sierra. Waiting for driver updates..........
The update came through today. Everything is where it should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back