CPU
i7-7700HQ
Graphics
HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm using a Dell XPS 9560 with a Dell U3813DW on 10.12.6. Stupidly, I updated 2018-004 without first updating kexts. Well, that initially caused a kernel panic on boot. Fine, so I started updating kexts via ssh with the system booted via -liluoff. I got it to boot eventually, but now if I leave my monitor plugged in via usb-c, I get an instant reboot (no visual kernel panic) at the final boot stage.

Even though I can't use my nvidia gpu (because of Optimus), it seems that the NvidiaGraphicsFixup is required by the 9560 to use the external display. Without NvidiaGraphicsFixup, there's no crash/reboot, but there's no display/usb-c either.

With really old versions of NvidiaGraphicsFixup, it exhibits the same behavior as if it wasn't there at all. Not sure if this is because of the updated version of Lilu. Currently, I have a very old version of NvidiaGraphicsFixup installed (1.1.2 according to plist), but again, it currently seems to do nothing.

As you can tell, I have no idea what I'm doing at this point.

Attached problem reporting files (removed).

Last edited:
OK, I've got it working again. I ended up "starting over" and deleting all kexts in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other and starting one by one getting the latest versions of everything.

Now, however, I don't have audio. I'll open another topic for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back