Graphics
GTX 1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hardware:

* Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Ultra Gaming (Bios' F20, F21, F22, F23d)
* Intel i7-6700k
* MSI GTX 980TI
* Presto Pro Gigabit NIC

Had a working system, did the 12.5 upgrade, rebooted fine installed the updated web drivers, restarted, made the mistake of updating my bios DURING this restart, now system won't boot.

Current BIOS configuration matches my most recent working version and those suggested in the guides for this board.

When booting from system drive either attempting to load macOS or a Unifi installer the computer restarts right after the row of pluses. There's no other messaging, simply restarts.
When booting from a new Unifi installer the same behaviour.

I've downgraded my bios all the way to the original bios I was running, F20, and the same behaviour. I've taken vid card and nic out and the behaviour is the same.

The only way to get further was to upgrade the version of clover on the Unifi stick to the latest 4114 and boot from that. Both the system and the Unifi installer get further but not by much. I've attached a screenshot of the boot log.

I'm desperate for help on this one. Please let me know what else you might need in the way of information to look further. Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_0005.jpg
    IMG_0005.jpg
    946.7 KB · Views: 117
Update:

Still running F20 bios.

I've played with the bios a touch ensuring that I match completely what guides suggest and am using the IGFX.

Booting from system drive running Clover 4081 (I think) still results in instant resets after row of pluses.

Booting from the Unibeast device running clover 4114 I get much further both with UniBeast & System booting. New screenshots attached.

Edit: Unifi -> Unibeast.. sorry, tired

Attachments

• IMG_3265.JPG
    IMG_3265.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 121
  • IMG_3262.JPG
    IMG_3262.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 115
Last edited:
I've played with the bios a touch ensuring that I match completely what guides suggest and am using the IGFX.
There are changes to the new 10.12.5 Intel graphics drivers which may cause black screen or hang on boot.

Try to boot with an invalid ig-platform-id (0x12345678).
At Clover Boot Screen select Options > Graphics Injector > FakeID

When you reach the desktop, install the kexts (Lilu.kext and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext) to /Library/Extensions using KextBeast.

Giving this a try now.
If I had IGFX disabled and was using only the GTX card would this have been moot?
This is only an issue when you enable iGFX.

Thanks

Trying both the above injection and switching back to the GTX card my results are, as far as I can tell, the same.

Booting from disk causes instant restart after the pluses. Booting from Unibeast gets me to a point where it complains:

Busy Timeout[0] ... kextd wait AppleACPICPU

Update,

Using an old UniBeast disk I had running Clover r4045 I was able to boot which is an improvement over the newer versions of clover I had running on a new UniBeast or that came with Multi / SF.

I've gotten in and reinstalled clover a few times and reviewed my EFI-Backups that I had on hand. There is a slight difference between the booting config.plist and the one that I have marked as "working". Even after installing Clover r4045 to the system drive I still get restarts after the pluses. Is there anywhere that clover is writing a log that might give me _some_ indication of what's going on?

I've attached my config.plist for perusal.

Attachments

• config.plist
    6 KB · Views: 272
Update:

I've reset to Clover r4045 and using a modified version of the UniBeast disk I used. I've attached my new config.plist here and everything appears to be working. For the most part I took out some of the Skylake patches incase that was what was bothering the booting. It appears to work. I'll go back through the guides and find all the after changes I need to make in order to get fully functional again.

Thanks for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back