Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Z97M, ASUS X299
CPU
i5-4690K, i7-7800X
Graphics
GTX750, HD6670
Hi
I thought I would post a finding from my installation as I couldn't find reference to it in my research.

I had encountered a problem when initiating Sleep (from Apple Menu) the PC would enter sleep (blue flashing power light) and then within 1-2 seconds the CPU fan would spin at maximum and it would wake.

I disconnected/swapped the (cheap) USB Keyboard & USB Mouse and found that Sleep worked !

Using a Lenovo USB Keyboard and USB Mouse has enabled Sleep to work. To be fair, the hardware compatibility list is quite strict on Keyboard/Mouse, but I (wrongly) assumed this was due to getting the usability finish.

Hope this helps.

Daniel

PS I have installed the 2.5 CodecCommander kext using kextwizard - I was also encountering "No Audio after return from Sleep" and this has now stopped following the change of keyboard/mouse.

Hi!
I am facing a similar problem, My Hackintosh does not sleep, only display goes off and when i press a button or mouse it turns back on, nothing else happens when I click sleep.

Please help.
Thank You

For me the fix was using a Lenovo USB keyboard/mouse instead of cheap devices. the cheap usb keyboard/mouse prevented the PC from going into sleep and it would wake up as soon as it was put into sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back