Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z490 Designare
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
Vega 64
GA-Z97X-UD3H

This update broke my audio. I tried reinstalling the ALC1150 from Multibeast again and that didn't fix it. Toleda's ALC script didn't fix it either. My outputs are there, and sound comes out, but it's distorted and unintelligible. Any ideas?

This is what's in my clover which had audio working in 10.11.2:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-01-20 at 6.01.39 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-01-20 at 6.01.39 PM.png
    191.8 KB · Views: 233
10.11.3 update broke ALC1150 audio

I wish it was unlikely, except that's what's happening. :banghead:

As I said, using the clover patch method I had the audio working perfectly in 10.11.2. The screenshot is of that path that had it working in 10.11.2. All I did was update to 10.11.3 and now the sound is all distorted and unintelligible.

I've reset all audio changes and tried 3 different methods, resetting back to native Apple.HDA before each one and verifying the audio outputs disappeared. I tried Multibeast ALC1150, your ALC110 command and your cloverALC injection command (again, separately and with fresh AppleHDA, not together). Every method brings my outputs back in settings, but all of the methods produce the same result of garbled audio.

I wish it was unlikely, except that's what's happening. :banghead:

As I said, using the clover patch method I had the audio working perfectly in 10.11.2. The screenshot is of that path that had it working in 10.11.2. All I did was update to 10.11.3 and now the sound is all distorted and unintelligible.

I've reset all audio changes and tried 3 different methods, resetting back to native Apple.HDA before each one and verifying the audio outputs disappeared. I tried Multibeast ALC1150, your ALC110 command and your cloverALC injection command (again, separately and with fresh AppleHDA, not together). Every method brings my outputs back in settings, but all of the methods produce the same result of garbled audio.

I have the same problem on 1150 with updated to 10.11.3.

Ok I fixed it. But it's weird. So I wiped everything back to native AppleHDA. Rebooted. Rebooted again and then went into BIOS and disabled built in audio. Booted into OS X, ran ALC_Clover sh command. Rebooted, went into BIOS, enabled built in audio. Booted back into OS X and voila, I have sound again.

Explain Wiped everything?

It worked for me but I made a clone and tested it on the clone first to make sure. It asked to update Nvidia drivers on its own. I used Trim Enabler app to reset trim post install on both. As far as sound goes I still have it but not after sleep. I just set my power settings to always on for hd and I dont worry about sound. I spent a lot of time trying to fix that blowing up my **** many times.

All good at 10.11.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back