CPU
i7 8700K
Graphics
UHD630/GTX 1070
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So, I recently installed El Capitan using UniBeast. Everything went surprisingly smoothly. Audio was giving me constant static though, which annoyed me quite a bit. It turned out that somehow, I have no freaking clue how, UniBeast had installed VoodooHDA on the system. I spent quite a while searching for the kext files and finally found and deleted them, including the voodoo pref pane and app.

After that of course I had no audio. Native HDA didn't work. Patched native HDA didn't work. I tried every possible method listed on this site and other sites. I tried many, many times. Lost count. Almost lost my mind. As a last effort I tried to install audio with the Mavericks MultiBeast 6.1. This didn't work, because it is designed for Mavericks, so no El Capitan support.

But then I figured I could extract the kexts I want with Pacifist and install them with kextWizard. And so I did. I also copied the kexts to EFI/Clover/Kexts. And IT WORKED! I now have perfect, non-static audio. Even the microphone works. It captures very quiet audio, but at least it works. That's all I care at this point.

So, if you have this motherboard (Asus P8Z77-V LX) and you install El Capitan with UniBeast and do not have audio, try this:

• Make sure you have no other audio kexts installed.
• Make sure your Clover has audio device 1 injected and rootless=0 as boot flag.
• Download Mavericks MultiBeast 6.1. Go to MultiBeast App file -> Show Package Contents -> Contents -> Resources.
• Select AppleHDA-887_v100302.pkg and HDAEnabler1.pkg and copy them to Desktop (for example).
• Use Pacifist app to open these packages, then extract the kexts (they look like folders) to Desktop.
• Use kextWizard, or any other kext installation tool to install those kexts to System/Library/Extensions/. Also copy the same kexts to your EFI partition EFI/Clover/Kexts/10.11/.
• Repair permissions and Rebuild Cache with your kext tool, then reboot.
• Cross your fingers and hope that it works! It did for me.
• Select Internal Speakers as the audio output device in System Preferences.

Now you are done! Enjoy clear, static free audio.

Edit: Use Mavericks MultiBeast, not Yosemite.

To be frank, all the HDA guides are quite difficult to follow. They could be simplified. As could this guide, I'm sure. P8Z77-V LX should be listed as an unsupported mobo right off the bat to avoid any wasted effort.

Simple step by step guide = better results.

Thank you so much it worked like a CHARM !!

Just had to remove the Clover injection for previous HDA enabler that I installed with audo_CloverALC (the kexts were not in my 10.11 folder inside the EFI partition).

Thank you again!!

That's great! Glad this solution helped. :)

I heard that the newest multibeast should have the working drivers for this motherboard, but the description says it is the same alc patch method, so I wouldn't count on it. For now, we are stuck with manual install/reinstall after sysytem updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back