N/A
Graphics
N/A
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I don't know if this has been discussed before, but Apple has disabled subpixel anti-aliasing, which means on monitors which are not HiDPI (such as a 2560x1440 monitor) your text will be blocky.

https://www.howtogeek.com/358596/how-to-fix-blurry-fonts-on-macos-mojave-with-subpixel-antialiasing/

Here's a way to re-enable it via Terminal.

Usually font smoothing is set to level 4 (the highest) and you can check this on your macOS (previous version to Mojave) by running this command in Terminal:

Code:
defaults read NSGlobalDomain AppleAntiAliasingThreshold

I hope they don't remove this option in the final release of Mojave.

so 4 is best for non HiDPI Monitors ?

Hm... I don't see any difference with any level. And I didn't notice any difference in fonts after the update (2560x1440 monitor).

Maybe Apple fixed this, that post based on Beta 2.

Hm... I don't see any difference with any level. And I didn't notice any difference in fonts after the update (2560x1440 monitor).

Maybe Apple fixed this, that post based on Beta 2.

If you are using Visual Studio Editor, you can see the differences, the fonts are terrible

I posted days ago for a better solution. :headbang: Enjoy.
Code:
defaults write -g CGFontRenderingFontSmoothingDisabled -bool NO

If you are using Visual Studio Editor, you can see the differences, the fonts are terrible

Maybe it’s Microsoft Visual Studio problem?

Maybe it’s Microsoft Visual Studio problem?
Nope it is not VS Code related. If you are interested how that looks , I made a before after comparison in teh thread I posted above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back