Contribute
Register

Solid build suddenly playing weird? Sleep and Shut down issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z170X-ULTRA GAMING
CPU
i7 6600k
Graphics
HD530
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Dear all, I've not asked for help for a long time but I've a weird one i can't solve!

Been running Yosemite for ages solid.... everything always worked. using Macman DSDT - TonyMac SSDT
BIOS standard/no overclock...

Problems:

1) Sleep stopped working out of the blue... screen powers down but it just sticks, lights and fans on but dead... won't wake has to be powered down and rebooted.....

2) Shut down stopped working... again powered down but hung with lights and fan running....

So what have i done - loads..... patched my own DSDT and got to a point where it now shuts down properly but sleep no.
Built SSDT using pike/script... no change... disabled sleep image set hibernation to 0 ... messed about with dark wake... removed USB 3 generic kext, disabled USB 3 in BIOS and tried a million different Clover DSDT patches etc.......

Nothing seems to help and it's bugging the hell out of me? What's stopped it working? I like sleep a lot as i'm running the computer all day but I'm in and out and like to quickly power it down and then resume work.... the shut down thing is weird why would it stop working after so many years of being fine? not even after an update!

With my patched DSDT it does shut down eventually but very slowly not like the snappy power down I'm used to :(

I've attached my IOreg my blank manufacturer DSDT my patched DSDT which works with shut down and DSDT 3 which I patched with everything i could find that seemed appropriate! Cheers all

Attachments

• IOReg_ovb1.ioreg
    4.2 MB · Views: 56
  • DSDT.aml
    15.6 KB · Views: 69
  • DSDT.dsl
    176.7 KB · Views: 72
  • DSDT3.aml
    15.8 KB · Views: 57
Dear all, I've not asked for help for a long time but I've a weird one i can't solve!

Been running Yosemite for ages solid.... everything always worked. using Macman DSDT - TonyMac SSDT
BIOS standard/no overclock...

Problems:

1) Sleep stopped working out of the blue... screen powers down but it just sticks, lights and fans on but dead... won't wake has to be powered down and rebooted.....

2) Shut down stopped working... again powered down but hung with lights and fan running....

So what have i done - loads..... patched my own DSDT and got to a point where it now shuts down properly but sleep no.
Built SSDT using pike/script... no change... disabled sleep image set hibernation to 0 ... messed about with dark wake... removed USB 3 generic kext, disabled USB 3 in BIOS and tried a million different Clover DSDT patches etc.......

Nothing seems to help and it's bugging the hell out of me? What's stopped it working? I like sleep a lot as i'm running the computer all day but I'm in and out and like to quickly power it down and then resume work.... the shut down thing is weird why would it stop working after so many years of being fine? not even after an update!

With my patched DSDT it does shut down eventually but very slowly not like the snappy power down I'm used to :(

I've attached my IOreg my blank manufacturer DSDT my patched DSDT which works with shut down and DSDT 3 which I patched with everything i could find that seemed appropriate! Cheers all

Are you running 10.11? if you are then its most likely a issue with USB 3.

If anyone's ever reading this. It was a BIOS or CMOS error. I'm not sure what exactly but I noticed when it booted from the back up BIOS sleep worked fine. So I simply restored the main BIOS from the back up BIOS by holding alt F12 at post screen. And all back to normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back