- Jun 20, 2013
- Gigabyte Aorus Z490 Elite AC
- Sapphire Radeon 6900xt SE
Anyone try them in Catalina yet?
I just tried now, both the signed and unsigned version of the driver PKG.
Unsigned wouldn't even start. Signed started to install, and then threw an error saying "This is from an untrusted source" and quit.
I have a second machine where I started out with Mojave and upgraded to Catalina -- The drivers appear to be working fine on that machine.
Does anyone know how I can manually transfer/install the drivers from Mojave machine > Catalina machine?
Here's the .kext file if you'd like to try it out yourself.
Thanks @chig00!I have recently installed drivers for Solarflare SFN5122F on a MacBook. For anybody doing the same here are the steps required:
- Disable System Integrity Protection by booting into recovery using Command+R and running csrutil disable, ( detailed info: https://developer.apple.com/library/archive/documentation/Security/Conceptual/System_Integrity_Protection_Guide/ConfiguringSystemIntegrityProtection /ConfiguringSystemIntegrityProtection.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40016462-CH5-SW1 )
- Mount dmg image with driver (I used version 3.3.4 from "SF-111621-LS-1-Solarflare OS X Driver Package _OS X 10.9 - Signed_.dmg". Sha 256 of this dmg should be 024643f3842a6da4b12651e62aa6fff8afbf8c4558a30b41b690e3616eed0b3b)
- There will be "Solarflare10GbE.pkg" in the mounted image, right click on it and select "Show Package Contents"
- Copy "Archive.pax.gz" file from "Content" in the package to any temporary location (e.g. desktop)
- Extract contents of "Archive.pax.gz" and copy kext "Library/Extentions/Solarflare10GbE.kext" from "Archive.pax" to "/Library/Extentions/" on your system drive
- Change permission of the kext to root using command "sudo chown -R root:wheel /Library/Extensions/Solarflare10GbE.kext"
- Trigget kext cache update using "sudo touch /Library/Extensions/"
- Reboot system and check the card is working, you can see details of any problems by looking at "Solarflare10GbE.kext" info in "Extension" section in "System Information"
- Enable back System Inegrity Protection by running csrutil enable in recovery mode. After enabling System Integrity Protection you will need to confirm the kext is trusted in "General" tab of "Security & Privacy" in "System Preferences"