Contribute
Register

Software Update Safari 14.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't remember having to install Silverlight for Netflix, I thought it uses HTML5. Pretty sure it's the combination of Lilu and Whatevergreen that enables it to work (but it's been a while.)
That's correct but your hardware must match one of the configs in the DRM Compatibility Chart and you need to use one of the shikigva modes in order DRM content to work.

Hello, is there any way to revert the update? Top sites was my favourite and I was using it all the time. Apple should have notify that after the update it will be removed.

Not sure if/how you can safely revert, other than restoring from a backup.

FWIW (as you probably already know): bookmarks in your "Favorites" main directory will appear as square favicons in the "Favorites" section on the Safari Start Page.

They're not as large or easily identifiable as the thumbnails in the former Top Sites, but it's functionally the same. AND you can add folders. You can also have more icons - 9 per row, and at least 5 rows. Maybe more? I haven't tried going past this yet.

I think they're mimicking the look/feel of the iOS icons or MacOS Launchpad. That seems like a valid enough design choice. It's just going to take some getting used to (at least for me).

Once I cull and re-organize my "Favorites" bookmarks, it will probably look and work better.

Just wish I could just make the icons bigger. (sigh)

Last edited:
Not sure if/how you can safely revert, other than restoring from a backup.

FWIW (as you probably already know): bookmarks in your "Favorites" main directory will appear as square favicons in the "Favorites" section on the Safari Start Page.

They're not as large or easily identifiable as the thumbnails in the former Top Sites, but it's functionally the same. AND you can add folders. You can also have more icons - 9 per row, and at least 5 rows. Maybe more? I haven't tried going past this yet.

I think they're mimicking the look/feel of the iOS icons or MacOS Launchpad. That seems like a valid enough design choice. It's just going to take some getting used to (at least for me).

Once I cull and re-organize my "Favorites" bookmarks, it will probably look and work better.

Just wish I could just make the icons bigger. (sigh)
Yes that's what I did. I didn't know that you can add folders also. True the design is just like my iPhone 11. Don't like it on my Mac but its fine on my iPhone. I hope too the icons be bigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back