Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I'm new to the forum and thought someone might be able to help answer this question. I have and have had pc's and a MacBook Pro (until this spring when it died from grape juice!) and liked many things about the mac. Anyway, I was looking into building a pc when I came across the idea of a hackintosh. I no longer have the actual macbook since I left that with the electronics guy but I do have all of the rest of the boxes and software. Can I use these on a hackintosh? I realize that I would have to upgrade the snow leopard but it appears to be around $20 for that? I just ran some of the numbers for building a desktop and it appears that I would be around $850 on the cheaper side. Does this sound about right? Anything you can help with would be appreciated!

Start reading the buyers guide and all the other articles on this site. There is more than enough information to get a stable system up and running.

for 850$ i think you can build a system compareable to an imac.

Since you are installing a mac os x from the store if you follow this guid you should most propably not run into big issues. But this is only my experiance...

kind regards, Fox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back