CPU
i7-6700
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Alright so I'd assume I'd get some typical responses..."Look it up this topic has been covered a bunch of times."

BUT...I'd really appreciate some advice pertaining to my given setup.

Here's my build:

i7-6700
AsRock Z170 Pro 4
Crucial Ballistix Sport 16 GB
Crucial 275 SSD
Asus Strix Radeon Rx560 4GB
Corsair CX550

I've referenced and cross referenced so many sources including youtube, tonymacx86, and other forums. I've gotten so far as to complete a full install of El Capitan. The system boots and basic functionality is running well. Additionally, my rx560 is what is running my display as I have it plugged in and my MOBO bios is set for PCIE graphics. However, there are graphical glitches I encounter and in my "about this mac" section, the GRAPHICS is denoted as 7 MB.

I would like to make sure this GPU is fully initialized and accelerated as this build was intended to be FCPX editing rig. I'm struggling comprehending this whole "Kext" and post installation processes. Any help anyone can offer I would greatly appreciate it.

Alright so I'd assume I'd get some typical responses..."Look it up this topic has been covered a bunch of times."

BUT...I'd really appreciate some advice pertaining to my given setup.

Here's my build:

i7-6700
AsRock Z170 Pro 4
Crucial Ballistix Sport 16 GB
Crucial 275 SSD
Asus Strix Radeon Rx560 4GB
Corsair CX550

I've referenced and cross referenced so many sources including youtube, tonymacx86, and other forums. I've gotten so far as to complete a full install of El Capitan. The system boots and basic functionality is running well. Additionally, my rx560 is what is running my display as I have it plugged in and my MOBO bios is set for PCIE graphics. However, there are graphical glitches I encounter and in my "about this mac" section, the GRAPHICS is denoted as 7 MB.

I would like to make sure this GPU is fully initialized and accelerated as this build was intended to be FCPX editing rig. I'm struggling comprehending this whole "Kext" and post installation processes. Any help anyone can offer I would greatly appreciate it.
as per rules, please update your hardware profile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back