Contribute
Register

So I tried my impossible Intel HD 5500 on Yosemite...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP 250 G5 (81EF) Clover UEFI
CPU
i3 5005u
Graphics
HD 5500 (1366x768)
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
After months of trying to fix the QE/CI on my Broadwell HP 250 G5, I still can't get it going. On El Capitan and Sierra it freezes on
[IGPU] Graphics acceleration is running....etc and it gives me random kernel panics on hfs.kext and com.apple.bootcache. On Yosemite, here's what happens:

I post some screenshots from the video. You can see that my GPU hangs with these strange errors on verbose mode. The OS boots but I don't get QE/CI and it kernel panics and restarts after a few minutes. Should I sell this laptop and start again with a new one? I am really tired because this is happening for 6 months now. I tried different RAM slots and different HDD. Removed my ACPI files, tried multiple config.plist's etc.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 190
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 181
  • 17021649_1483895068287910_8947017173279551120_n.jpg
    17021649_1483895068287910_8947017173279551120_n.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 165
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 200
After months of trying to fix the QE/CI on my Broadwell HP 250 G5, I still can't get it going. On El Capitan and Sierra it freezes on
[IGPU] Graphics acceleration is running....etc and it gives me random kernel panics on hfs.kext and com.apple.bootcache. On Yosemite, here's what happens:

I post some screenshots from the video. You can see that my GPU hangs with these strange errors on verbose mode. The OS boots but I don't get QE/CI and it kernel panics and restarts after a few minutes. Should I sell this laptop and start again with a new one? I am really tired because this is happening for 6 months now. I tried different RAM slots and different HDD. Removed my ACPI files, tried multiple config.plist's etc.

For Broadwell, recommend at least 10.11.6. There are known problems in Yosemite.

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Pay attention the Broadwell info in the FAQ. It is important.

Hi. I've read all Broadwell guides and my DVMT setting is unlocked so I can change it to 64 or 96. The problem is that it just freezes after graphics injection is done. Could this be an incompatibility issue with the LCD panel?

Here are the files. I forgot to mention that I'm running 10.11.6 and 10.12.4 Beta 4. The BDW graphics kexts are the moded ones so that's why the code sigature is not valid. (I can't boot without them)

Attachments

• Data.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 145
Here are the files. I forgot to mention that I'm running 10.11.6 and 10.12.4 Beta 4. The BDW graphics kexts are the moded ones so that's why the code sigature is not valid. (I can't boot without them)

No need to install patched graphics kexts (and the kexts you have are corrupt).
Use the OS X/macOS installer to restore to vanilla.

Also remove these settings from config.plist/ACPI/Fixes:
FIX_INTELGFX_100000
FIX_S3D_2000000
FixHPET_0010
FixIPIC_0040
AddPNLF_1000000

Patch ACPI per guide (you don't even have the correct files in ACPI/patched and are lacking other important config.plist settings).

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

I always backup the vanilla kexts. If I remove AddPNLF, I loose brightness control and the display is dimmed.

I always backup the vanilla kexts. If I remove AddPNLF, I loose brightness control and the display is dimmed.

Patching for brightness control is covered in my ACPI patching guide (read at related link).

I did the backlight patch + IntelBacklight.kext. However, I get the brightness slider but the actual display brightness doesn't change. What am I missing here?

I did the backlight patch + IntelBacklight.kext. However, I get the brightness slider but the actual display brightness doesn't change. What am I missing here?

Read brightness guide, post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back