Contribute
Register

So close...but still getting random crashes after boot. Feel like screaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asrock Extreme 4+
CPU
i7 6700K
Graphics
Sapphire 3gb 7970HD
So Im a few weeks deep with this build. I initially thought the parts I bought would make it easier but that doesn't seem to have been the case. Im pretty much only building it for FCPX but would obviously like as much functionality as possible.

I originally installed Sierra 10.12.5 using Multibeast however after running the post install utility I found that I lost audio, as well as the ability to connect to a wifi connection (although I could still see them) I also experienced random crashing, while doing a task the computer would freeze before suddenly rebooting.

Currently I am running Clover Bootloader and at first the computer would crash around a minute after boot, but after installing the Multibeast Quick Start UEFI Boot Mode Ive noticed longer run times before the machine crashes. However while doing tasks such as using FCPX and moving files, the machine is still crashing and rebooting. I rarely see more than about 10 minutes of solid use before it reboots.

Ive also just removed the Wifi card, so now when Im not using the computer it's stable and will sit for hours without an issue. Ive also tried removing the second SSD, but that made no difference. Ive included the start and finish of the crash log from FCPX.

When the machine crashes the last thing the Console read was NSURLSessionTast finished with error - code: -1009

I apologize in advance if I haven't given enough info, Ive tried getting this Hack running on my own but Im ready to throw in the towel. TIA for any help.
Build:
i7 6700k
Asrock z170 Extreme 4
Sapphire 3gb HD7950
2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250gb
Screen Shot 2017-08-22 at 11.34.04 pm.png
Screen Shot 2017-08-22 at 11.34.21 pm.png
Screen Shot 2017-08-22 at 11.34.04 pm.png
Screen Shot 2017-08-22 at 11.34.21 pm.png

1x Crucial 16gb 2133MHz
2x G.Skill Ripjaws 4gb 2800MHz
Corsair H55
Corsair 100r

No one's got any ideas? Ive given up on my wifi card for now and plugged in an ethernet cable, internet is working well so far. Audio is still working. Unfortunately FCPX is still crashing, particularly when I try to import and browse media. I've also had to disable Spotlight for all of my drives, as that seemed to be triggering crashes too. Ive pulled a few more crash logs in the hope that someone might have an idea of what's going on. Two are the FCPX crash logs, with the third being a system crash log. First page of the logs have been imbedded, full crash logs are available as PDFs.

View media item 189324
View media item 189325
View media item 189326
View media item 189323

Attachments

• FCPX Crash 1.pdf
    84.3 KB · Views: 171
  • FCPX Crash 2.pdf
    160.6 KB · Views: 310
  • System Crash.pdf
    137.2 KB · Views: 105
I'm having the same issue, just a different motherboard. It seems to be related to working on USB3 drives for me.

Latest Update: After removing the G.Skill RAM, and disabling spotlight stability has improved. It's a bit annoying since I frequently use spotlight, but Ive noticed that as soon as I reactivate spotlight and try to import footage in Final Cut the machine reboots. Currently working in FCPX 10.3.4 and have managed to import about 200gb of 4k footage which it seems to be handling quite nicely. Will try reinstalling the extra RAM later and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back