Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi, I'm trying to Install a retail version of SL on my Dell Inspiron 13 7000 series 7347.
It has a Haswell i5 4210U with 8GB of RAM and a 256 SSD
I've tried using iBoot for Haswell but it keeps rebooting after I choose the SL disk from the iBoot menu.
I've tried some bootflags as described in other tonyMac forum posts but still get a reboot.
If I don't use any bootflags it flashes the Apple logo for half a second then reboots.
If I use -v text scroll text for about a minute or two then reboots.
I've read about only using 4GB of RAM but I thought iBoot Haswell fixed this issue and other have successfully got to the install screen with more than 4GB of RAM.
I did try the mexmem=4096 flag but still got reboot.
Should I put 4GB in it or is this not really and issue?
Any advice would be great
Thanks

Hi, I'm trying to Install a retail version of SL on my Dell Inspiron 13 7000 series 7347.
It has a Haswell i5 4210U with 8GB of RAM and a 256 SSD
I've tried using iBoot for Haswell but it keeps rebooting after I choose the SL disk from the iBoot menu.
I've tried some bootflags as described in other tonyMac forum posts but still get a reboot.
If I don't use any bootflags it flashes the Apple logo for half a second then reboots.
If I use -v text scroll text for about a minute or two then reboots.
I've read about only using 4GB of RAM but I thought iBoot Haswell fixed this issue and other have successfully got to the install screen with more than 4GB of RAM.
I did try the mexmem=4096 flag but still got reboot.
Should I put 4GB in it or is this not really and issue?
Any advice would be great
Thanks

Snow Leopard has no support for your hardware.
For what purpose are you installing SL?

I don't have access to a Mac so I can make a more recent version of OSX to boot from.

Safe mode might help...
If not, borrow a Mac from someone you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back