Graphics
AMD HD5850 1GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Has anyone gone back to Snow Leopard because of issues with Lion and their Hackintosh?

I'm asking this because I'm debating to go back to Snow Leopard because I can't get my sleep to work. I had it working sort of in Lion where I could do it manually. Then I installed the please sleep app and that ruined it all. I uninstalled it but now when I try to put my machine to sleep it just shuts the whole machine down.

I had better reliability with Snow Leopard in that from what I can remember everything worked.

Just wondering what others experiences are.

Cheers!

I have a pretty similar setup as you and no issues in Lion. I have BIOS/DSDT F13 for my board.

Make sure you have 'Startup automatically after a power failure' checked in Energy Saver and that you have the sleep state set properly in the BIOS I think its S3, not going to reboot to find out right now, but whatever it is, its the default. I think would just reinstall Lion and see how its goes.

It may be also worth be worth installing kexts one at a time to see if you can isolate it to a driver? FWIW I had problems with the Realtek Gigabit Ethernet 2.0.6 kext not connecting after sleep and causing some USB issues. Lnx2Mac RealtekRTL8xx has been much better for me.

Goodluck
-j5

So maybe I spoke too soon? I think what i said was true at the time I posted the above reply, so I guess this could be due to restore from Time Machine? I am thinking of doing a clean install to see if it fixes my 2 major issues which are probably the same as you?

1. Does not reliably sleep via energy saver settings
2. Coming back from Sleep is weird: USB starts the drives and fan, but i have to hit the reset button on my case to fully wake up. Seems like maybe a GPU problem?

Have you had any luck eosman?

-j5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back