Contribute
Register

Snow Leopard to Mountain Lion: An Ivy Bridge Installation Video Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: Snow Leopard to Mountain Lion: An Ivy Bridge Installation Video Guide

Thanks Yokerbloke, but I really didn't do anything, merely pointed you towards the stickies on Unibeast. I didn't come up with the fix or anything!

beelzebozo,

Great video.... I am having a problem with the install with unibeast it times out as you pointed out in the video however removing and reinseting the usb Flash drive does not restart it. I have attached a picture of the hangup. Any thoughts or fixes? I tried all the switches including -x safe mode. Same results every time.

Attachments

• photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    329.6 KB · Views: 642

beelzebozo,

Great video.... I am having a problem with the install with unibeast it times out as you pointed out in the video however removing and reinseting the usb Flash drive does not restart it. I have attached a picture of the hangup. Any thoughts or fixes? I tried all the switches including -x safe mode. Same results every time.

That's not the same issue. "Still Waiting For Root Device" means that you need to boot with PCIRootUID=0 or =1.

Excellent post! Great guide if you don't have access to a Mac to create the unibeast tool.

hi! can't you just install snow leopard 10.6.8 instead of installing 10.6 and then upgrading to 10.6.8?
thanks

hi! can't you just install snow leopard 10.6.8 instead of installing 10.6 and then upgrading to 10.6.8?
thanks
No, as the Snow Leopard DVD is 10.6.3.

Hi,
I'm a noob here.. just some question...
Why the installation of Mountain Lion have to go through Snow Leopard first. What is the different in between?
We can just straight away install Mountain Lion in the first place.

Hi,
I'm a noob here.. just some question...
Why the installation of Mountain Lion have to go through Snow Leopard first. What is the different in between?
We can just straight away install Mountain Lion in the first place.
If you don't have access to a Mac to purchase Mountain Lion you need to install Snow Leopard first so that you can then purchase Mountain Lion.

Would one be able to run Snow Leopard on An Ivy Bridge Custo-Mac? Or is this meant to be used solely as a means to run Mountain Lion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back