RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
[video=youtube_share;NC1jhHyoDBU]http://youtu.be/NC1jhHyoDBU[/video]​
I've put up a super easy-to-follow installation guide for installing Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 and upgrading to OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.2 on an Ivy Bridge CustoMac.

This video is intended as a pre and a post UniBeast installation guide as I left out the UniBeast creation part.

Check out the official tonymacx86 UniBeast creation guide here:

The installation and optimization tools used in the guide are:

• iBoot for Ivy Bridge
  • Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 Install Disc
  • UniBeast
  • MultiBeast for Mountain Lion

Thanks and enjoy!

Related:
CustoMac Buyer's Guide
UniBeast 10.8 Mountain Lion Installation Guide
UniBeast 10.7 Lion Installation Guide

iBoot + MultiBeast - 10.6 Snow Leopard Installation Guide
Quick guide to configuring the UEFI on Gigabyte's 7-series LGA-1155 motherboards

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks beel- this will definitely help those with a new Ivy Bridge system get up to speed. :)

you guys should give bob roche/cpukid also a big shootout, he makes great hackintosh content and has loads of info.
he made me go here and actually buy and build a hackintosh,

for open unidentified software no need to go System Preferences/Security & Privacy/*Anywhere, just hold Command or Option key, right click(mouse) in the software and click open.

Great tutorial, I will be using this once I am finish gathering all my pc parts all from links from this awesome website.

I think everybody wanted a guide and video about how to install fresh ML without any older versions, it's much better. Because this method is the same as installing Windows 8 after installing Windows XP.

Article: Snow Leopard to Mountain Lion: An Ivy Bridge Installation Video Guide

I think everybody wanted a guide and video about how to install fresh ML without any older versions, it's much better. Because this method is the same as installing Windows 8 after installing Windows XP.

Well, I state in the video that you have two choices: do an upgrade by installing over Snow Leopard or do a fresh install, which I briefly explain how to do. The main purpose of the guide is to show someone that has built an Ivy Bridge CustoMac (without prior access to the Mac App Store) how to install Snow Leopard and update to Mountain Lion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back