Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
H55M-E23
CPU
Intel Core i5
Graphics
Diamond Version 10.12.1
Since 2011 my Hackintosh worked beautifully. It sat idle for 6 months and would not start. I replaced the BIOS battery which did not help. I took it to a computer repair shop who said the windows 7 drive had failed. He replaced the windows 7 drive and loaded Win 7 Ultimate.
I turn on computer and get this screen: Before press F11
Before press F11.jpg

After F11 I select Hitachi _____332 which has Snow Leopard installed
Select MAC.jpg

I get boot screen. The pp under the Snow Leopard after boot:pp was me trying to zap the PRAM
I'm able to choose windows which loads OK.
Mac boot screen.jpg

If I choose Snow Leopard I get prohibited sign with diagonal after a few minutes of spinning icon
After select Mac.jpg

Try -v for a verbose boot to see where the kernel panic happens. If you did clear your CMOS by removing your battery check the BIOS settings to make sure that they are right for booting into SL. Sata mode should be set to AHCI. etc.

What are the BIOS settings I should change? I did try changing IDE to AHCI but it froze.
Here is a picture of the boot screen -v
Irvola -v.jpg

I did try changing IDE to AHCI but it froze.
You're going to need to reset all the BIOS settings to the way they were before your CMOS reset. Have any record of all the changes you made initially ? If not search the forums for what they should be for your specific motherboard.

It's always best to record notes of what you did that worked for any OS install. Many people put them in a User Build post that will always be there to refer back to in situations like this. Very valuable thing to have.

I think the problem started when the repair shop installed Win7 while your Snow Leopard drive was still connected.

Is it possible to boot from an iBoot CD ? Also try booting SL without any Windows drive connected.

Last edited:
I cannot find BIOS settings for my motherboard MSI H55M-E23. Would appreciate looking at the photos of my BIOS settings in case there's something obvious I should change.

Attachments

• PaikBios1.jpg
    PaikBios1.jpg
    399 KB · Views: 112
  • PaikBios2.jpg
    PaikBios2.jpg
    338.9 KB · Views: 128
  • PaikBios3.jpg
    PaikBios3.jpg
    302.4 KB · Views: 123
  • PaikBios4.jpg
    PaikBios4.jpg
    338 KB · Views: 108
  • PaikBios6.jpg
    PaikBios6.jpg
    356.1 KB · Views: 116
  • PaikBios5.jpg
    PaikBios5.jpg
    346.8 KB · Views: 104
  • PaikBios7.jpg
    PaikBios7.jpg
    335.1 KB · Views: 108
  • PaikBios8.jpg
    PaikBios8.jpg
    353.5 KB · Views: 105
  • PaikBios9.jpg
    PaikBios9.jpg
    272.3 KB · Views: 99
  • PaikBios10.jpg
    PaikBios10.jpg
    303.2 KB · Views: 105
  • PaikBios11.jpg
    PaikBios11.jpg
    368.7 KB · Views: 103
  • PaikBios12.jpg
    PaikBios12.jpg
    362 KB · Views: 99
  • PaikBios13.jpg
    PaikBios13.jpg
    285.5 KB · Views: 104
Disconnected Windows hard drive. Same result.
I cannot find AHCI in BIOS

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back