Contribute
Register

Snow leopard retail DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Luck with your Hack,

But my advise to use it only at home (personal use) but professional use may coast you a lot if apple people find you :banghead: !!

Have to agree that Mac's are silly expensive in Europe. 20% sales tax does not help...

Attachments

• card0_codec2.txt
    15.5 KB · Views: 213
Vendetta said:
while the family back (which is very cheap) is intended for 5.
Well, 5 in the same household and AFAIR not for business users... That wouldn't apply to a home & office...

wavesequence said:
drsasi said:
If you like Mac Have a real MAC ! :headbang:
Well, I'm a Mac user since 1986... My last Mac was a G5 2GHz DP that ceased to live in 2009. Due to economical crisis and clients that pay my invoices in late and/or decide by themselves what money is due to pay for a service actually I can't afford a MacPro.

I'd be very happy to invest 3,3K euros for a Mac Pro... Yes, here in Italy the price of Macs is the same... but in euros :twisted:
That's why I'm forced to adopt this solution.

Not that I'm judging anybody, but I just find it extremely funny when people try to justify breaking the law or circumnavigating it with excuses like "I'm forced to do this because Macs are way to expensive" and stuff like that.

It's like saying "I can't afford a Ferrari so I'm going to take my neighbors".

I do agree this economy crisis sucks, it's left me without a job for quite a while. So the fact that you have a job should encourage you to save, and be thankful that at least you have income.

Sorry for the semi-rant just something that needed to be said. Especially in this thread about purchasing a $29 piece of software.

Attachments

• F10_3.dsl
    275.1 KB · Views: 244
i rather enjoy these kind of meaningful exchanges.

wavesequence: you originate just about every 4th topics in these forums ... maybe start one about the merits of windows vs osx? :lol:

dh22r said:

wavesequence: you originate just about every 4th topics in these forums ... maybe start one about the merits of windows vs osx? :lol:
dh22r
In order to spread my wings, I need to know as much as possible, that's why I put several and different questions.
If I knew everything, I'd stay quiet with my solid built hackintosh ;)

Life is an exchange game - at least I think so...
There are (Italian) forums about music technology, synthesizers programming and related things where I'm a hyperactive member and, modesty apart, I've helped so many people I can't remember.
Thus I hope that here it happens the same, except this thread where people give me a lecture, knowing themseves well that are so similar to me... :)

And about Windows I'd prefer not to express my thoughts.

wavesequence said:
dh22r said:

dh22r
In order to spread my wings, I need to know as much as possible, that's why I put several and different questions.
If I knew everything, I'd stay quiet with my solid built hackintosh ;)

Life is an exchange game - at least I think so...
There are (Italian) forums about music technology, synthesizers programming and related things where I'm a hyperactive member and, modesty apart, I've helped so many people I can't remember.
Thus I hope that here it happens the same, except this thread where people give me a lecture, knowing themseves well that are so similar to me... :)

And about Windows I'd prefer not to express my thoughts.

I don't think anyone gave you a lecture. At least, for my part, I was just giving you an answer that you asked for. ;)

But now I have this question to put...

How many installs can be done with that DVD?

When the Snow Leopard retail DVD came out in 2009 it was sold in two versions.
  • Single license version for $29 / 29 euros
  • Family pack with five licenses for $49 / 49 euros
I bought the family pack 49 euros, but there does not seem to be any difference in the box between single license and the five license versions At least I could not find any.

Question: What version is the retail DVD? The last version of Snow Leopard is 10.6.8. If I remember correctly, the DVD is version 10.6.3.

What video cards does the DVD support out of the box? This question is relevant to people who do not have access to a real Mac but only have the retail DVD. Let's continue the discussion here:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back