Contribute
Register

Snow Leopard on Sandy Bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.
amoretam

We will assume that you hardware is not Ivy Bridge - that way we then can assume that you can make a Hack SL boot drive which is separate from the ML Hack Boot volume.

This way we can dual boot w two separate HD's. One is SL the other is ML.

From the ML drive copy an icon of an App that you want to run from Sl and place it on the desktop of your Sl volume - this makes a pointer to the ML location for the program - when you launch the icon on the SL volume it runs the software from the ML Disk - this could be a solution

This will not work for all programs - for example Microsoft Office as this installs kexts to the system folders.

Oh, that is wonderfull!!! I did not know one could do that!

My Lion 10.7.4 system is for Audio production and applications I need to work on Snow Leopard are plugins and Protools and Reaper etc... Plugins do not have Icons but they work inside the appications (Reaper)...

I would really love this to work, it would be just so easy to just install Leopard and have everything up and running, ....
but one thing... couldn't I install Snow Leopard on the same HDD where Lion is?? I mean in a different partition and still have that dual boot option??

Thanks man. very helpfull

Oh, that is wonderfull!!! I did not know one could do that!

My Lion 10.7.4 system is for Audio production and applications I need to work on Snow Leopard are plugins and Protools and Reaper etc... Plugins do not have Icons but they work inside the appications (Reaper)...

I would really love this to work, it would be just so easy to just install Leopard and have everything up and running, ....
but one thing... couldn't I install Snow Leopard on the same HDD where Lion is?? I mean in a different partition and still have that dual boot option??

Thanks man. very helpfull

amoretam

I think you could do it

This is some what more of a question of the BootLoader Chimera - the SL and ML versions are different - so its possible, but I am not sure if this has been done or researched.

SO here is the other question what do you value your time - if you got lots of it meaning really no life then you should investigate it - but if you do have a life then I suggest you get a second HD and install SL to it (disconnect the ML drive when installing Sl.)

Once done you may what to change the boot order and make SL the first drive that is booted and then you can boot to ML from the CHimera boot loader.

amoretam

I think you could do it

This is some what more of a question of the BootLoader Chimera - the SL and ML versions are different - so its possible, but I am not sure if this has been done or researched.

SO here is the other question what do you value your time - if you got lots of it meaning really no life then you should investigate it - but if you do have a life then I suggest you get a second HD and install SL to it (disconnect the ML drive when installing Sl.)

Once done you may what to change the boot order and make SL the first drive that is booted and then you can boot to ML from the CHimera boot loader.

I have Lion 10.7.4, not Mountain Lion ....

So that would mean Bootloader chimera are the same in both versions

thanks a lot very helpfull....

I have Lion 10.7.4, not Mountain Lion ....

So that would mean Bootloader chimera are the same in both versions

thanks a lot very helpfull....

amoretam

Yes for Lion and for Mountain Lion the bootloaders are or should be the same.

And I did ask the gods about your question of having Lion and Sl on separate partitions and booting from one drive the said sure .. why not...
So go for it..

amoretam

Yes for Lion and for Mountain Lion the bootloaders are or should be the same.

And I did ask the gods about your question of having Lion and Sl on separate partitions and booting from one drive the said sure .. why not...
So go for it..

hey thanks a lot for your help, ... made my life easier....

take care

hey thanks a lot for your help, ... made my life easier....

take care

amoretam

Ok bye to you too

if you feel so inclined Suggest a contribution to the site for the tools and info you learn .. just press the Contribute button in the upper left corner.

amoretam

Ok bye to you too

if you feel so inclined Suggest a contribution to the site for the tools and info you learn .. just press the Contribute button in the upper left corner.

ok , I will gladly do that,
I have a last question before I proceed :

you said that I could run the same Dsdt when I run Multibeast, what about multibeast settings, ? should I use exactly the same multibeast settings I ran for the Lion installation?
I think the asnwer is yes, because is the same hardware, but I ask Justin Case....

Thanks

ok , I will gladly do that,
I have a last question before I proceed :

you said that I could run the same Dsdt when I run Multibeast, what about multibeast settings, ? should I use exactly the same multibeast settings I ran for the Lion installation?
I think the asnwer is yes, because is the same hardware, but I ask Justin Case....

Thanks

amoretam

The MultiBeast program has had some changes From SL version to the Lion version and also to the Mountain Lion version - meaning the terminology has changed - they function the same ( or should) - but some of the look and feel of it has changed.

Each selection box that you place a checkmark into - has a Dialog box that reads what this process or step is doing - this changes and some of the items have been changed or added - You can read the various versions release documentation that TonyMac has placed on the Site when he has updated the MultiBeast program - Suggest you do this to be aware.

Now the ML version has less problems than the SL version did so you will not see that many checkmarks to pic from.

As the the DSDT file - if you used it for Lion then you should be able to use it for SL.
As to the order of the install process - suggest you do a SL install first then the LION install second to the respective partitions you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back