Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus B250M
CPU
i5 7500
Graphics
HD630
Hey guys,

i got some problems installing 10.6 or 10.6.8 on my System.

i3 2100
ASRock H67M-ITX
4Gb Ram
500Gb HDD
DVD Writer

So I am using iBoot to boot up the 10.6 Retail Disc. That works most the time. The installation process of 10.6 takes some time but works as well.
As soon as i reach the desktop I ran the Update helper --> rebootet the System and ran the combo update to 10.6.8.

Now it stops working. After I install the Combo Update I reboot the System but it wont start anymore. I still use iBoot to boot the OS but it stops after the Mac OS Boot screen. The Display just turns of. No Signal. When I boot with verbose mode its the same thing. At some point at the end of the booting process the screen just turns off.
Booting with -x or graphicsenabler=on or off doesnt change anything.

Same thing happens when I try to install on my Sandy Bridge Laptop.

Any advice? I just need 10.6.8 to run UniBeast to install Catalina on my Kaby Lake System. Sadly I dont have a Mac around.

Chris

Boot arguments are case sensitive, get them wrong and they have no effect.

graphicsenabler=on should be GraphicsEnabler=Yes/No.

i3 2100 integrated HD Graphics 2000 are unsupported.

Please read and comply with the rules, in particular the one regarding profiles.
Link to profile - Just three items - Motherboard (or prebuilt system), Processor (CPU) and Graphics.

Thanks for your reply.

Sorry, of course I used yes/no instead of on/off.

Not supported means it will just not work after updating to 10.6.8 or is it just not fully compatible like no full acceleration or wrong resolution.

Like I said, I just need to get it to run UniBeast Catalina

UniBeast won't work with 10.6.0? right?

Hey guys,

i got some problems installing 10.6 or 10.6.8 on my System.

i3 2100
ASRock H67M-ITX
4Gb Ram
500Gb HDD
DVD Writer

So I am using iBoot to boot up the 10.6 Retail Disc. That works most the time. The installation process of 10.6 takes some time but works as well.
As soon as i reach the desktop I ran the Update helper --> rebootet the System and ran the combo update to 10.6.8.

Now it stops working. After I install the Combo Update I reboot the System but it wont start anymore. I still use iBoot to boot the OS but it stops after the Mac OS Boot screen. The Display just turns of. No Signal. When I boot with verbose mode its the same thing. At some point at the end of the booting process the screen just turns off.

Same thing happens when I try to install on my Sandy Bridge Laptop.

Any advice? I just need 10.6.8 to run UniBeast to install Catalina on my Kaby Lake System. Sadly I dont have a Mac around.

Chris
This is a known problem on Sandy Bridge systems. If you need to update to 10.6.8, please see :

As mentioned HD2000 CPU integrated graphics are not supported, which most likely means there is no graphics acceleration and wrong resolution, but you should still be able to see the desktop.

Like I said, I just need to get it to run UniBeast Catalina
If I recall correctly Unibeast for Catalina doesn't work that well on 10.6.8. Give it a try but you'll definitely want supported graphics to be able to upgrade past SL if that doesn't work. You could also try the gibMacOS approach once you get SL installed. You might need to upgrade to a newer version of Python for that to work.

I’m not certain if other approaches can be described here, but you could do it in Windows or Linux for vanilla Clover or even OpenCore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back